MO hillbilly here

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magic32

Reaction score
Hello from Missouri. I bought my grandpa's old 1967 Richline from him about 25 years ago. I will be retiring in about a year and will be restoring the old fishing boat and seen that several others here have been down this process. Looking forward to retirement and getting this old fisherman's vessel back on the lake where it belongs.

Welcome and congratulations on a not to far off retirement.

Welcome. I consider Missouri my "home" though that term is flexible since I was a military brat and lived around the world. Mizzou grad, 1980. I see you're from Rolla; I can remember when the University there was still called the School of Mines. I still fly fish every fall at Bennett Spring.

I bought my first boat when I retired at the start of the Pandemic and have gradually restored/upgraded it over the four years since I bought it.

The Conversion and Modification Forum will be immensely helpful to you.

Keep us posted with pics!

I'm a little younger than you, I knew that school as the University of Missouri-Rolla, now it's Missouri University of Science and Technology, a good school for sure. I'm a College of the Ozarks grad.

Here are some starter pics for discussion. I'm also dealing with a titling issue, which I'll explain as I go through the process as I've seen others posting questions about that. Here are some pics of what it looks like now. It's a 1965 16' Richline.

Attachments

• Pappaw's Boat 1.jpg
    Pappaw's Boat 1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Pappaw's Boat 2.jpg
    Pappaw's Boat 2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 0
That's a project, for sure. Are the trailer wheels settled into the ground, or are there none?
It has one wheel on and one wheel off, yep, it's a project. I could go buy a different or even new boat, but I have memories of fishing with my grandpa and later with my dad in THIS boat. Besides, I don't know what else I'll do after retirement.

I'm not at all trying to discourage your project. In fact, I think it's great if you can resurrect a source of childhood memories.

You sound like somebody who is going to see/experience value in the project beyond what the dollars and cents indicate.

I'm not at all trying to discourage your project. In fact, I think it's great if you can resurrect a source of childhood memories.

You sound like somebody who is going to see/experience value in the project beyond what the dollars and cents indicate.
My apologies if my response came across that way, I didn’t take it as discouraging at all. I like a good challenge and I’ve fixed up a 66 Mustang and a 67 Chevy C-10 and will start a 69 Impala after this.

This will be my first boat, however, so I’ll be needing all the advice and help I can get to get this gal back on the water.

Picking it up from my dad’s next week. First item of business—new wheels and tires as the one that is on it is shot. (Yep, right now it only has 1 wheel).

Hello from Missouri. I bought my grandpa's old 1967 Richline from him about 25 years ago. I will be retiring in about a year and will be restoring the old fishing boat and seen that several others here have been down this process. Looking forward to retirement and getting this old fisherman's vessel back on the lake where it belongs.
Welcome magic32, I am planning for retirement in the same timeframe June 2025, had intended to restore the boat then also. Starting a little early since my son and family bought property about 400' and I want to take my grandson (18 months) out this year. Lol

Welcome magic32, I am planning for retirement in the same timeframe June 2025, had intended to restore the boat then also. Starting a little early since my son and family bought property about 400' and I want to take my grandson (18 months) out this year. Lol
Great times and memories you'll be making with him for sure.

Latest posts