Motor guide connection

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cybereyes

Reaction score
I bought a new motor guide trolling motor and the only connections is has looks to be a female 2 prong connection. No male side with battery connectors. Ive also had a hard time finding this part anywhere. I did find it on the motorguide website, but of course they won't let you order from their site and only want to push you to their vendors who don't appear to have websites and are at least 100 miles away from my location. I bought the trolling motor at my local PX on a military base, and of course they don't carry the other little parts for anything. Is this normal? I couldn't find anything like it at my local gander mountain store either.

Yeah, thats what I need. I wish I had gotten this sooner. I called motorguide and they said that I had a tracker plug on my trolling motor and I needed to find either one of their dealers, or a local boat shop that sells tracker boats. I went to the biggest boat shop in the area, which was actually pretty nice and they had tons of motorguide trolling motors, and basically told me that they have people come in once or twice a week with that same issue and the only thing they can do for them is to have them buy a seperate female plug and cut the original off, and then buy the matching male plug. So trying not to waste any more time on this adventure I just bought both plugs which were about 23 bucks total. Not a huge loss, but still. Thanks for the info, maybe this will help someone else.