Multi Purpose 1448

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lgpjr49 said:
Yeah it's fairly simple. I got my hatch kit and I cut out the template that came with it. Next I cut out the foam that was in the bench underneath. I only pulled out the amount of foam that I needed to store my biggest item (portable stern nav light) and once that was all out I vacuumed it all out then just attached the hatch to the bench very simple. My only problem now is, the bench flexes a lot when you sit in the pedestal seat and I need to find a way to stiffen it up without ripping out more foam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had this problem in the rear bench seat when someone would sit on the pedestal. I made a small frame out of aluminum angle that fits under the seat base. It was a very minimal amount of foam taken out. The frame just basically made an "H" under the base to displace the weight across more of the seat to keep from flexing.

I've already installed that originally thinking it would work but so far it's still flexing pretty bad halfway inbetween the pedestal and the sides of the boat. I think I'm gonna get a piece of aluminum to cover the whole bench on the top like a cover inbetween the bench itself and pedestal. That way I can disperse more of the weight and put a stop to the flexing or at least try to.

I used an aluminum plate to take the spring out. I think it was a 1/4". You can see on page 4 of this build: https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15412&start=45

https://vimeo.com/157879365
Here's a short clip of the boat running with the 1987 25hp 2 stroke that I got back from the shop. I didn't bring a gps to see how fast it goes, but I'm sure it needs a new prop and still has a few kinks to get worked out before I get it tuned in completely.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457403566.764141.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457403586.204867.jpg
Here's some pictures of the progress, I've moved the battery under the bench seat and it sits right under the chair. This helps keep the weight balanced because it's farther up toward the bow and in the very center, plus this helps open the bilge for a bigger gas tank or just clean it up some more.

After fishing some this spring with the new deck I've come to the conclusion that it's not quite to my liking. I love being able to be high up and sight cast but I don't like having to jump down to get anything or be scared of kicking something off the deck. I'm going to take the new deck out and make it a mid deck, I think that's what you would call it.
e41578b0e19ce632c2148fdeae7c988e.jpg

This picture was taken before I started the decking process.
I'm thinking of installing it right at the grove along the sides of the boat. That will be high enough to keep my battery where it is. (The battery is where the foot control is as of right now) it will also be nicer for carrying loads of gear duck hunting, and it will be easier for getting to different fishing supply's (tackle box, cooler, poles, cricket basket, etc.)
What do y'all think of this idea?

Latest posts