my 10ft jon boat mod (with a bad ending to the season.)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chris122.jpg

I love the way you did your storage and carpet, the one thing though, the black is going to fade and show dirt easily.

great job!if you dont mind i have a couple ?'s how wide is your boat on the bottom?and did it add any stability with the extra weight of the decks and all?i have a 12/32 i am working on and wanted to get some idea if weight would make it any more stable.empty just the bare hull sitting on the water when you step on this thing its like steppin on a skate board :shock: .thanks Dan.

Bassman018 said:
I love the way you did your storage and carpet, the one thing though, the black is going to fade and show dirt easily.

yeah it alreaddy is starting to fade and the dirt aint the only thing that shows, the cat hair from all the strays around ugh i hate it and a shop vac wond even pick it up!

dan h said:
great job!if you dont mind i have a couple ?'s how wide is your boat on the bottom?and did it add any stability with the extra weight of the decks and all?i have a 12/32 i am working on and wanted to get some idea if weight would make it any more stable.empty just the bare hull sitting on the water when you step on this thing its like steppin on a skate board :shock: .thanks Dan.

at the bottom its 30" and it didnt add stability whenever im fishing on it and my dog moves im afraid im gonna go overboard!

Good mods...just on the wrong sized boat. That rig is definitely top heavy and looks to be quite tippy. Decks to the top + overweighted + 30" bottom width = Danger :shock: . Be careful and wear your PFD. I'm not being critical, just concerned.

thanks for the info.i dont plan to put high decks on mine anyhow i was hoping the weight might add a little stability though.oh well thanks again.and the livewell you made looks great.

zerofivenismo said:
Good mods...just on the wrong sized boat. That rig is definitely top heavy and looks to be quite tippy. Decks to the top + overweighted + 30" bottom width = Danger :shock: . Be careful and wear your PFD. I'm not being critical, just concerned.
oh i know i took my dog out on it and when he moved i thought i was gonna fall in

what do yall think of puting this, last one in existence (to my knowledge), 1961 sport scott 27.7hp outboard on the 10ft. tin?
chrismotor22.jpg

Ok, so the last time i put the boat in the water this year (a few months ago) i went and had a problematic beginning with the motor not working so after an hour i got it working. then i had a good 6 hours of fishing then came back to the docks and i decided to leave my boat there (i locked everything up) then i couldn't pick it up till the next day. so when i finally went to get it and it was literary just holding on by the rope, everything was underwater, and if the lines weren't there it would have sank, the weird thing is the marina people didn't even notice it, but i finally bailed and dumped out all the water and noticed the cause. a patch (JB weld)( that i thought i fixed) came undone and let water come in. the damage was: the battery (water destroyed it), my tackle box (floated down river), my reel (in tackle box) and my 3 hp Gamefisher outboard (water got all in it). i was able to fix the motor but now it makes a loud squeaking noise now. The boat i'm gonna get welded to fix the problem for good. And now i need to get all new tackle (like lures don't already cost enough). ugh not a good end to the season.

yeah, i have only had it fail a few times. But it's very handy to have especially if you don't have a good way of welding minor aluminum mishaps

Sorry to hear man!

At least it didn't happen while on the river!

Flat Bottom said:
yeah, i have only had it fail a few times. But it's very handy to have especially if you don't have a good way of welding minor aluminum mishaps

yeah my problem was i had cracks in the bottom and sides of the transom and i thought it would work but im gonna get it welded now. i'[ll try to put up pics of it.

Brine said:
Sorry to hear man!

At least it didn't happen while on the river!

yeah that would be bad and at least i got the boat back.

Latest posts