My 14' Jon Mods So Far, But Looking For Help With The Rest

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yea alot saved

And yea its going to haul :twisted: ......... Probably to fast. But that extra speed is nice to get back to the launch when bad weather or what not is comming. I really didnt intend to get a motor to haul azz, but the deal was good, I was trying to tell my freind I dont need more than 15, if I want to go fast thats what the bowrider is for, this is my fishing rig. But like I said, came across a good deal and jumped on it

The OMC old (not oldest) motors are some of the most reliable motors. New motors are fuel injected most of the time and have an ECU which can be your enemy. So good choice on motor! Also in regards to hauling a$$. More motor = less throttle = being easier on the engine by running at lower rpms. The best and funnest sometimes is out running the weather. Good job! P.S. There are people who will pay big money for those vintage motors. EBAY!

Well friends today was trailer day ...... Added guide ons and a spair tire

I also ordered for the engine ..... A throttle cable, grip and all the piviots for it, prop, and other touch up parts

Post pics tomorrow

Here is the pic of the guide ons

The guide ons are the home made ones out of 2" pipe and a ladder stabilizer ..... added the guide lights since I come back off the water at night alot of the time

Attachments

• IMAG1110.jpg
    IMAG1110.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 482
  • IMAG1113.jpg
    IMAG1113.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 482
  • IMAG1111.jpg
    IMAG1111.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 482
Took it out Sunday, still need to work on the trim as it wants to dig the bow in to much even at a high trim, I know I had cruddy foils on it before, I ordered a stingray jr ... I have the sr on my bow rider and it made it so much better.

I got 27MPH out of it what is fast enough but the bow digging in the water can soak you

Also Installed the bearing buddys on the trailer and made a support system for the tarp to go over the boat when its parked

Attachments

• IMAG1129.jpg
    IMAG1129.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 466
  • IMAG1131.jpg
    IMAG1131.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 466
  • IMAG1130.jpg
    IMAG1130.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 466
In earlier pics of the new motor it looked as if the caltivation (i think thats what its called) is sitting a good couple inches below the transom. If thats the case it can be causing the boat to porpoise and the bow to dig down. It should be no lower than about 2 inches from the transom.

sixgun86 said:
How is that spot light holding up for you? Thinking about picking up another for my new rig.

Man that spot light is the best!!!!!!!!! =D>

As for the cavitation plate its within 2" from the bottom of the transom more like 1 1/4"

The 800 GPH automatic bildge pump and Stingray JR came in today

The other bildge pump goes off to another boat for a freind :mrgreen: