My new boat would you use this fuel tank

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which ever tank you use, put an inline filter in the fuel line to keep any crud from reaching the carb. Many outboards have a fuel filter built in somewhere, but, they are usually difficult to acess and expensive to replace. I always add another in the fuel line between the primer bulb and the engine connect, much easier to see and replace.

I decided to just buy a new scepter 6 gallon fuel and Atwood fuel line . wasn’t cheap at $74 for the tank and $80 for the fuel line but not much is here in Canada. Thanks for advice everyone

Last edited:
I decided to just buy a new scepter 6 gallon fuel and Atwood fuel line . wasn’t cheap at $74 for the tank and $80 for the fuel line but not much is here in Canada. Thanks for advice everyone
Would still add an inline filter, to much crap in underground tanks, can't have to many filters !!

Which ever tank you use, put an inline filter in the fuel line to keep any crud from reaching the carb. Many outboards have a fuel filter built in somewhere, but, they are usually difficult to acess and expensive to replace. I always add another in the fuel line between the primer bulb and the engine connect, much easier to see and replace.
I just bought this one should i put it close to the carb or before primer bulb
Would still add an inline filter, to much crap in underground tanks, can't have too many filis it better to have the inline filter closer to the carb or should i put it in front of the primer bulb

Attachments

• 8FB8A0F6-402F-4CC6-A346-2C616343CC09.png
    8FB8A0F6-402F-4CC6-A346-2C616343CC09.png
    152.8 KB · Views: 0
Set the metal tank on a carpet or mat so it doesn't rub metal to metal.

The metal edge of the tank will eventually get the protective paint removed so do touch up from time to time with paint and let it dry well before using the tank .