My new homemade PVC rod holders

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing your post and out fishing this weeks gave me an idea. I would be trolling with pole in each hand get a bite on one and have to do something with the other pole. No having to bend over putting in holder giving fish slack and chance of loosing it. So I made a rod holder out of pvc mounted on front under seat.
Photo324.jpg

Photo325.jpg

morecoffee said:
Jim said:
Nice Job Dave! Your almost making me want to go get a boat just like yours for the back of my pick up...stop it! :lol:
[-X Don't do it!.... I have to say after having larger boats, 16ft, 18ft, & 21ft this is much easier and cheaper to operate!

We have some back woods kettle ponds here in Mass that are virtually untouched because of access. You could (with 2 people) drag a smaller jon through and I would bet money you could have a killer day of fishing. The fish in these untouched ponds attack any lure because they have never seen them.

If you zoom in to where you live on google maps and just slowly look around I bet you will see little bodies of water that you never even knew existed. I could not believe how many there are around my way and Cape Cod.

Doing the whole Google lake find thing, I found this tiny pond 5 minutes from my house: https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15878&hilit=marianna

Wallijig said:
After seeing your post and out fishing this weeks gave me an idea. I would be trolling with pole in each hand get a bite on one and have to do something with the other pole. No having to bend over putting in holder giving fish slack and chance of loosing it. So I made a rod holder out of pvc mounted on front under seat.
Photo324.jpg

Photo325.jpg

I'm diggin that, nice work!

I love the under the seat, bi-directional rod holder. Very clever. I'll be stealing it in the near future :) Keep the cool PVC ideas coming fellas.