My next addon

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darb79

Reaction score
I was playing with some ideas for rod storage. This is my general idea. To replace the hull supports I will use two pieces of ply glued together and fastened to the inside of the box and the hull. I will drill holes in it and use some pvc pipe for cradles for the rods. I will move the front support forward so that I can slide the butt of the rod in it and use some straps with velcro to keep them in place. I will add aux power outlets at the back for spotlights. I'm looking at a black light (for night fishing marble eyes) to add back there too. I will probably build it into the box itself to keep it protected. And I will have to cut in some cup holders. I'm just trying to decide on seat bases. I was looking at mounting two flush plates on the deck with one up front. I think they are the 3/4 post. Still thinkin on that though, I will tear into this new idea by the end of the month. And who knows, if the weather gets better it may not happen until next winter.

Attachments

• boat 1 with drawing..jpg
    boat 1 with drawing..jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 612
Sounds like a plan.

I plan on doing something similar.

Looks like your deck is raised, could you put the rods in the center under the deck?

I left the original bench seats intact and just covered them up, plus I plan on adding a livewell in the center in the back that will cut into the deck. So there is not enough room for a rod storage there. Its only 5' as it is in the middle. By moving to the side I can stretch it to 7'2', and the cup holders man, the cup holders!

countryboy210 said:
Looks Like A Great Plan !
Speaking Of Which. . . What Software Are You Using To "Sketch" Your Ideas Onto The Pics? :?:

I just pull the pic up on paint and have at it.

Latest posts