My Project.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tompatt said:
bassboy1 said:
tompatt said:
also wat kind of screws do i need to use to connect the deck? anything special?
Stainless. Putting regular steel screws in a boat will make the future owner hate you forever. Trust me on that one.

im planning on that boat not having a future owner. :D

We all say that........ :twisted:

tompatt said:
bassboy1 said:
tompatt said:
also wat kind of screws do i need to use to connect the deck? anything special?
Stainless. Putting regular steel screws in a boat will make the future owner hate you forever. Trust me on that one.

Half the boats I have sold were bought with that intention. But, even so, lets put it this way. Later, you will hate yourself when you go to remodel it. There. Is that better?

bassboy1 said:
tompatt said:
bassboy1 said:

Half the boats I have sold were bought with that intention. But, even so, lets put it this way. Later, you will hate yourself when you go to remodel it. There. Is that better?

=P yea. is there any type of wood that is better to use. like with 2x4s and 2x2s?

how high should the deck be? like about 2-3 inches from the top of the front bench? im planning to have about a 13 inch pedestal.

tompatt said:
how high should the deck be? like about 2-3 inches from the top of the front bench? im planning to have about a 13 inch pedestal.
Keep in mind, a 13 inch pedestal is not all that tall. I don't know how tall you are, but even for just sitting back and watching a catfish rod, that wouldn't work for me, as I am 6'3" and growing. As for your deck, you really are going to need to take the boat out, and start standing on the benches to determine stability. If you feel stable on these, you can safely build a deck that is seat height.

I see that you have revoked your "screw it" post. Good call. It definitely isn't easy. I don't know if you have seen my Yazoo post in the past day or so, since I have started work on it. Anyway, I am not saying that you should go with aluminum, but I am going to say this about it. This was really my first big project working with aluminum. That being said, it was INCREDIBLY hard to plan this. Being real nitpicky never helped the cause, as I wasn't allowing myself to take any shortcuts. Every time I thought I had a good design, I would remember something that would ruin the plans again. It took many days of me standing outside with a tape measure. Just because it is hard, and something keeps throwing a kink in your plans, don't give up. When you are fishing from it, you will be glad you spent the extra time to plan and execute it.

bassboy1 said:
tompatt said:
Keep in mind, a 13 inch pedestal is not all that tall. I don't know how tall you are, but even for just sitting back and watching a catfish rod, that wouldn't work for me, as I am 6'3" and growing. As for your deck, you really are going to need to take the boat out, and start standing on the benches to determine stability. If you feel stable on these, you can safely build a deck that is seat height.

I see that you have revoked your "screw it" post. Good call. It definitely isn't easy. I don't know if you have seen my Yazoo post in the past day or so, since I have started work on it. Anyway, I am not saying that you should go with aluminum, but I am going to say this about it. This was really my first big project working with aluminum. That being said, it was INCREDIBLY hard to plan this. Being real nitpicky never helped the cause, as I wasn't allowing myself to take any shortcuts. Every time I thought I had a good design, I would remember something that would ruin the plans again. It took many days of me standing outside with a tape measure. Just because it is hard, and something keeps throwing a kink in your plans, don't give up. When you are fishing from it, you will be glad you spent the extra time to plan and execute it.

i think im like 5' 11" to 6'........haha yep. i was mad cuz i have some much to do. i have to fix up my jeep and then this.. ill just take my time. yep. thx. thats exactly how i feel. im like this is my plan. then the next day im like maybe that wont work.

im just gonna go for an open floor plan. i dont do much bass fishin. more blue gill and crappie fishing. im gonna put down floors in the midd. and front floor. but i dont know how to put the floor in the front cuz the boat is arching up. any ideas? and i was thinkin about cuttin into the benches to put some storage in. would that be safe?

For cutting into the benches, as long as you cut into the top, and leave some meat around the top edge, it still should remain fairly sturdy. You could even frame around the inside of the hole, to stiffen it up a bit more.

bassboy1 said:
For cutting into the benches, as long as you cut into the top, and leave some meat around the top edge, it still should remain fairly sturdy. You could even frame around the inside of the hole, to stiffen it up a bit more.

ok thanks. cuz i want some storage tins..

Latest posts