my tinnys birthday

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got a little off track this week and decided to whip up a travel cover for the tinny this was a ruff practice but it came out better then i thought it would. i decided to make it like this so it made it much easier to desgin and this way it can go on with the trolling motor on the foredeck still.

Attachments

• SDC10226.JPG
    SDC10226.JPG
    211.8 KB · Views: 1,117
  • SDC10224.JPG
    SDC10224.JPG
    221.5 KB · Views: 1,117
  • SDC10223.JPG
    SDC10223.JPG
    214.7 KB · Views: 1,117
  • SDC10225.JPG
    SDC10225.JPG
    188.1 KB · Views: 1,117
The cover looks great, but it looks as though it will hold water in the middle then drain it to the transom?

yeah it does just that Brine there was always guna be a problem cause there had to be a cut out for the outboard im just happy it doesnt pool and actually does run off. The boat is stored undercover but 2 or 3 times a year i drive the 4000km round trip to the parents place and this will just keep everything dry cause the water will dribble straight in to the bildge then out the bung hole.

fisch said:
yeah it does just that Brine there was always guna be a problem cause there had to be a cut out for the outboard im just happy it doesnt pool and actually does run off. The boat is stored undercover but 2 or 3 times a year i drive the 4000km round trip to the parents place and this will just keep everything dry cause the water will dribble straight in to the bildge then out the bung hole.

Got it. Nice work man. Curious.....How much did it cost to make?

well i got the material from work as i manafacture awnings and covers for our ships in the navy so every now and then a bit of scrap comes up (fire engine red is not popular in the navy). so to answer ya question that cover cost me nothing just 2 hrs of my time. If i had to make it though id proably charge about $300 depending on how intricate the shape was. 2 years ago id never have thought id be sewing now i love it.
I have another cover i just finished for a mates boat out of canvas its a different shape but the same method works. By using shock cord instead of fixed length straps i can tighten up the cover as it sags over time.

i got a little bit done on the boat this weekend i primed the whole boat then rolled on 2 coats of 2 pack white i have only done the outside at the moment cause i ran out of paint so with a bit of luck i should be able to get more paint this week finish sealing the framing and decks in fibreglass resin then its on to carpeting. im trying to not rush it but having no boat is killing me.

Attachments

• SDC10227.JPG
    SDC10227.JPG
    227.1 KB · Views: 864
  • SDC10228.JPG
    SDC10228.JPG
    217 KB · Views: 864
  • SDC10229.JPG
    SDC10229.JPG
    208.1 KB · Views: 864
i got the majority of the painting done this week and its really starting to look the part now

Attachments

• SDC10238.JPG
    SDC10238.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 847
  • SDC10239.JPG
    SDC10239.JPG
    165.3 KB · Views: 847
  • SDC10241.JPG
    SDC10241.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 847
well after alot of driving around i finallt got the carpet i wanted. so i got stuck into it and got all of the front deck complete

Attachments

• SDC10246.JPG
    SDC10246.JPG
    220.7 KB · Views: 829
  • SDC10245.JPG
    SDC10245.JPG
    214.4 KB · Views: 829
  • SDC10247.JPG
    SDC10247.JPG
    178.8 KB · Views: 829
Your boat looks great,weather looks great to:)
In your post before this one....is that a white light on the port side or does it only look that way in the picture?

hey nah it actually used to be my livewell overflow but as i dont fish tournaments anymore i have taken out the livewell and bunged up the overflow.
thanks alot for ur comments this site is such a inspiration that its almost dangerous to the wallet

with the front deck all done i now turned my efforts to the rear deck. i decided instead of going for swivel seats (that i find can get in the way when fly fishing) to make the deck go around some cusions i made out of marine vinyl and 3 inch foam. so far it looks really good wether or not i like the finished product only time will tell.

Attachments

• SDC10248.JPG
    SDC10248.JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 729
  • SDC10253.JPG
    SDC10253.JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 729
  • SDC10249.JPG
    SDC10249.JPG
    196.7 KB · Views: 729
Things are looking good there mate. Like the simple way you designed the cover. No supports to deal with and an effective route for getting the water out.

thanks dave
yeah mate simple is the name of the game when it comes to me im trying not to rush it but its killing me not having the boat at the moment. by the end of this week though it should be all finished. I am goig barramundi fishing with a guide next thursday at a place called lake tinaroo and it is reknowed for massive fish there are 11 worls records held in this lake alone and the biggest barra caught there was 38kg which is bloody massive the average size fish there though is around the 80cm mark which is still bigger then my personal best. Best thing is the lake is only a hour from my place so once i get the place sorted u fellas will have to fly over and get ur arms streched. ill put a fishing report up after the day to wet ya wistle

ok i got stuck into the rear deck this afternoon its nearly done i just have to seal the framing secure it to the boat and do the hinges for the rear hatch. to be honest the rear deck has been a bit rushed and im not 100% happy with it but i used all left over materials so if i decide to change the layout at a later date it hasnt cost me anything. Also got the sign writing with the name and the rego numbers the names a little corny but i like it.
just waiting for my led strip lights for under the gunnels to arrive off ebay and then i can finish wiring up the electrics then its on the water and back in action (then stand by for some ripper fishing reports) im looking forward to showing you all the great fish we get over here
mitch

Attachments

• SDC10262.JPG
    SDC10262.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 711
  • SDC10261.JPG
    SDC10261.JPG
    184.4 KB · Views: 711
  • SDC10270.JPG
    SDC10270.JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 711
  • SDC10269.JPG
    SDC10269.JPG
    168.8 KB · Views: 711
  • SDC10265.JPG
    SDC10265.JPG
    192.8 KB · Views: 711
  • SDC10260.JPG
    SDC10260.JPG
    176.1 KB · Views: 711
  • SDC10260.JPG
    SDC10260.JPG
    176.1 KB · Views: 711
Mitch,

That's a rocking boat dude. I would suggest carrying a couple extra float cushions in case the ole rear ender gets numb on those trips to and fro. Other than that, it looks perfect for salt flats fly fishing.

Let's see some fish pics now, eh? I need something to sustain me during the long winter months here and my slow and steady resto project, now put on hold by dental expenses. :oops:

Thanks dave
at the risk of sounding like im bragging the coldest it ever gets here is possibly 16degrees C in tropical north Queensland so were a bit spoilt really. Fishing pics are on there way hopefully next thursday u will be hearing all about it!

Is that a vinyl cover on your motor ? I like the idea. Did it come with the motor or did you make it, too ?

yeah mate i made that one too (its a bloody useful skill sewing) that was a real time consuming job to get the final fit it took two days to make as i gave up on the first attempt. its good cause it should keep the cowl looking like new but i can still take the cowl off with out having to remove the cover. i have since made two more cowl covers for other outboards and once u get a system going they get easier (like anything i suppose the first one is the hardest.

Latest posts