Need Help/Advice on Seating

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russcat

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of a conversion on my 16' 1977 model Eldorado jon boat. I'm very pleased with the progress so far. When I get further along I will post all the pics here.

I have the floor board carpeted but I haven't screwed it into place yet. I'm trying to figure out a way I can put my rear seat pedestal on a track that will allow me to slide it right and left on the floor setting it to the side for when I'm running the rear steer motor, or centering it when I'm fishing out of this seat. Does anyone know of a good way to do this or know of a track I can buy that I can bolt to the floor to mount a seat pedestal to? Any discussion, help, advice, etc is appreciated.

I've been lurking here for a while and have picked up some awesome tips. I just started my conversion and can't wait to share it here. But I want to get further along before I do.

Russ

so basically, what you are saying is - - - - you don't want to share any photos here
but you want advice on how to do something ????

photos help us help you...... it is very hard to give you educated information without
fully understanding how you have your rig laid out.

:WELCOME:

I do want to share my pics and will. I thought I would when I'm done.

The floor is simply plywood wrapped with carpet. I haven't screwed it down yet because I still need to figure out how I want to mount my rear seat. The front seat isn't an issue because I built a deck on the front of the boat. Whatever I use for the rear can't protrude below because there is no clearance below the floor board. I'm trying to figure out a way to mount a seat pedestal to a track that can adjust right to left. The track would bolt or screw to the floorboard. I would put a swivel seat on top of the pedestal. I want the R&L adjustment to be at the bottom where the bottom of the seat pedestal would slide and lock into various positions.

This is something on the order I'm thinking about. I would have to build some sort of base for it and probably cover the base with metal so it would slide properly. That with a little dry lube would probably work for what I'm wanting.

https://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Wise-Sure-Mount-Bracket-Kit-33-rail&i=94577&r=view&from=grid

Latest posts