need help doing my wiring.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikem09

Reaction score
hello, ok i have a tracker fisherman 16. i have a bowmount trolling motor which is prewired to a battery from the factory. i wanna add another battery to the back of the boat to run a fish finder, nav lights on seperate switches, a cig lighter. other than the battery, can anyone help me with a list of stuff i need to make this happen.what guage wire do i need an inline fuse before some kind of switch panel. im very frustrated, ive been to like 5 boat stores today, and noone was willing to help me figure out what i need to do this or any info on how to do it. lol. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Take a look at the last drawing on the first page of this thread.
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29642&p=305875&hilit=wiring#p305875

It should give you some idea of what you'll need based on what you want to install. You'll need to decide how many switches you want, you'll want to know the amp draw of the items you intend to run, and whether or not the switch panel you plan to use has a built in buss bar or whether you'll need one. You'll also want to plan on inline fuses for each item if the switch panel doesn't have those built it. Also what sort of items do you want to be able to run off the cig lighter or max amp draw for that? You'll need marine wire of the appropriate sizes, but determining the size needed requires knowing the amp draw of the items to be powered by it. You'll have to blow the drawing up to max size to be able to read it well.

thank you very much. that helps alot. the cig lighter is to keep my cell phone charged.

Another thing i was taught was to figure wire size then go one bigger just to be safe.

Latest posts