NEPA Delaware River?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found my way over here from walleye central. Fishing just north of easton ive caught a few walleye but no big numbers. Waiting for the rut to be over and some colder weather than it will be game on.

Tomorrow morning is the first day i can go out this week. Plan on sitting in my tree stand til ruts over as well. Hopefully in the am a good buck walks by me.. Supposed to rain but that seems to be my luck this year haha oh well. Atleast I'm getting out there some. As for the walleye they are biting but gotta find em. Been out there and fished one spot I was catching them then a week later they were 3/4 of a mile down stream! My buddy went to the spot i told him about and was skunked!

overboard said:
Me too! overboard here, grizzley there. :) Good site for tinboat owners.

Yes it is, ive gone through almost every page in the jet boat section. Pick up my new toy in a week, jet was shipped yesterday 8)

PA Delaware Fisher said:
What did ya pick up? Good time to get a new toy!

1760 searark with a tunnel and 75hp jet. I have a small jet that works great but is miserable to fish out of when its cold. Now I gotta wait til the ruts over so I can get back into fishing!

I have a Grumman 1649b with a suzuki 40/28... I am happy with it but wouldn't mind a 60/40 or even a 50/35. I've never heard anyone say there boat has too much power...

As for rut im going out in the am and hopefully get a chance at a shooter. I was at work today and saw a buck run across the field across from my job.. Rut is definitely on!!!!

Went out yesterday and today. Not much with the crazy gusts blowing the boat all over the place and the patchy rain yesterday 2 walleye and 2 smallie. As for today though real clear waters and water temps at 46.6 according to the lowrace we did a number on em. A few keeper walleye but some real decent smallies were landed. Caught em between 2 ft and 15 ft around the usual structure using tubes on 1/4 ounce jig heads.

Last night I didn't land a fish, the young guy had 7. :oops:
SLOW was the key, and I mean SLOW. I even moved closer to him, and for some reason I couldn't do anything. The last time we were out I put a woopin on him, last night he returned the favor! :lol:

HAHAHA that happens from time to time its never fun unless you bring a new fisher with ya and keep them on fish. You using them HJs? I take it you were getting walleye?

Yes; walleyes, and the young guy and I have been fishing together for a number of yrs. now. He's not a rookie, and definitely can hold his own. WTH, I taught him! :lol:
We have been using some other lures recently. There are a lot of lures that you can catch them on, just have to know how to fish them properly!
A lure that I was using for quite awhile last night has water in it. I found that the seam left the water in, and it sinks like a rock instead of suspending. That didn't help matters any! Had that happen this spring while night trolling with a floating jointed Rebel. I kept getting hung up and finally decided to check the lure, sure enough the darn lure sank. It's not supposed to do that! #-o

Same guy who catches all the musky? If you get bored one night can ya try a jig head with a tube at night and let me know if that produces. I had the opportunity to get any fishing in after dark since its been on the cooler side but I am looking forward to it.

I would really like to hook into one. One of the biggest fish swimming them waters! Forgot to ask, did he catch them on his walleye set up or was he targeting them and using a heavier set up? A 50" musky would look great on my wall! :D

He caught them on what he uses for walleyes.
Now, all I have to do is get a 30" walleye. I know a guy that will mount it for a reasonable price-----HIM! :lol: He's also a taxidermist!!!

Been out, and for some reason it really went downhill! Made a unusual day trip and got 1 short. Went out the next night and could only manage 1 short. It should be getting better, not worse! #-o

Went out today for a few hours and nothing! First time i was skunked in my new boat!!!!!! Cant win em all i guess. I don't know if it was the cold front or just bad luck but not one bite in over a mile of river!

Went out today for two hours and landed 3, 22-24-25. Released them all, they all hit aggressively and had the whole bait in their mouth. Going out tomorrow again.