Neshaminy Carp

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leibs16

Reaction score
Hit up the Neshaminy Creek by my house yesterday (Holland Area) hoping for some Smallies and some Carp. I chummed some corn as soon as I got there and through my Carp rods in and went to try my luck for some smallmouth. I immediately hooked one small smallie but he got acrobatic and jumped off. I did however land two decent size carp. The first three pics are the larger one and the last two are of the smaller one. I was by myself (due to the rejection of someone who will remain nameless on this board) so the pics are crappy. The larger carpy measured 32 inches and was very heavy to pick up.

Attachments

• May Carp Small1 Upload.JPG
    May Carp Small1 Upload.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 237
  • May Carp Small 2 upload.JPG
    May Carp Small 2 upload.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 235
  • May Carp Large 2 upload.JPG
    May Carp Large 2 upload.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 237
  • May Carp Large3 upload.JPG
    May Carp Large3 upload.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 235
  • May Carp Large 1 upload.JPG
    May Carp Large 1 upload.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 241
Nice carp, I dont believe Ive ever seen one as red as that first one, sorry to hear about the smallie, its fun to watch em jump, but sucks when they spit the hook.

Nice carp, Ethan !!! You made out better than I did.

I was at my carp spot yesterday for a couple hours in the afternoon. Fishing was lousy. I got 2 dink (and I mean dink) LM to avoid the skunk, but the carp were too smart for me. The spot I fish is maybe 18-24" deep and I fish within 15 ft of shore. I chummed it up with a couple cans of corn and after about an hour I saw a pretty good sized carp working through the chum but no pickup. I added another can when this one moved off and within 15 minutes there were 4 of them working all through my chum and around the entire area. One actually came right up against the shore where I was standing and sucked up the few kernels I spilled while chumming. I kept chumming whenever they would move off, and they would quickly return and vacume up my chum without ever getting my hookbait. Very frustrating !!!!! When I finally packed up to leave i tossed the few kernels from my hooks back out where I was fishing and watched as 2 of those bastards came out and got them too !!!! Just not my day.

Latest posts