New Guy, New Boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the hull mostly painted. Put on another coat after this pic and still need to do a final. Not sure yet if I'm going to make it camo or not. I don't duck hunt so it's really not needed. But it does look neat and may hide some future scratches.

IMG_20140812_125313_438.jpg

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=363292#p363292 said:
buzzbarto » 14 Aug 2014, 09:07[/url]"]Got the hull mostly painted. Put on another coat after this pic and still need to do a final. Not sure yet if I'm going to make it camo or not. I don't duck hunt so it's really not needed. But it does look neat and may hide some future scratches.

Fish can see too! Camo is good for any game boat.

Fish can see too! Camo is good for any game boat.[/quote]

Yeah, that was my thought on it also. And if I ever do take up duck hunting I've got the boat for it.

Started the camo job, but ran out of time and paint. Might get the chance to finish it up over this weekend and get it back on the trailer.

Boat Camo II.jpg

Boat Camo.jpg

IMG_20140917_212500_783.jpgIMG_20140917_212444_050.jpg

Got some of the framing cut and in place. Still need quite a few pieces on the front deck and supports for the floor. I've riveted some of it in place for now. There's a fella in the shop where I work that welds aluminum and he's going to put some welds in places I can't rivet or need some strength. I'll be running a couple 2" pvc pipes under the floor to run electrical and plumbing for the livewell through. Then the pink insulation stuff up to the floor.

I'll probably go with 1/2 ply coated with the fiberglass resin vs. aluminum. Then tan truck bed liner to top it all off.

20141018_182750.jpg

Got a bit more done last weekend. Hope in to get the live well plumbed and the floor in this weekend.

That black thing under the front deck is the 40 gallon livewell. Will probably only be around 30 when full though.

I'm getting ready to purchase the fittings for the livewell. I will have a 90 degree drain in the bottom of the tank and run the hose to the transom with a straight thru hull, through the hull. Overflow out the side near the top of the tank and run to the rear. Is there any reason I can't Y the overflow into the drain hose rather than running two seperate hoses to the rear?

Things have slowed down a bit with hunting season. Now I can get back on the boat modifications/upgrades. Just ordered the fittings and hoses for the livewell feed, overflow and recirq. Also got a switch panel for everything. Next will be pumps/bilge, running lights and hatch for the livewell.

The hoses and fittings for the livewell and bilge came in a couple weeks ago. Got a pre-made quick-lok package for a Lowe boat (I think) from great Lakes skipper. Today the aluminum hatches from cabelas came in. Got two medium sized lids. One for the livewell and one for the rear storage. May order a couple more now that I see the quality. Definitely worth it. Will be getting locking latches to replace the standard pull latches on all but the livewell. May try to find a slam latch for that one.

Hoping to get back in the shop as soon as these sub-zero temps stop. I'll get more pics up as soon as I can. Really need to get a heater for the garage! I was going to do Tuff Coat but am now leaning toward carpet. Need to make up my mind soon!

Finally got some good weather to work on the boat. Got all the plywood cut and fit for the decks and floor. Got the livewell fittings installed in the livewell and the the overflow in the transom. Got the bilge outlet installed. Received the new livewell pump and bilge pump today. Might get those in tonight. Still need to order a few seat bases and a bow light. Still on the fence about carpet or Tuff Coat. Need to make a decision soon. I'll post some pics later.

Latest posts