New member, new boat.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chavist93

Reaction score
Hi, fellas. I just registered, but have been a long time lurker, and have learned a great deal from this site. I'm not new to tin boats by any means, in fact it's all I have used all my life. My primary boat is an 03 Triton 1440MV with an 02 25hp Mercury 2 stroke.

For a while now I've been wanting a light 12' boat to get a few places that my heavy welded Triton can't, place you have to get out and pull the boat across. Today I picked up what I think was a great deal. It's an 87 Lowe 1236 with an 86 Mercury 9.9 and Wesco trailer. I ended up getting it for $1200 and it's in amazing condition for its age. The Merc runs like a new one and I dont think there is even a dent in the boat. Even has a factory livewell which I have never seen on a 12' boat. I will get a few pics and post up later tonight. There are a few small things I want to do to it, but It is pretty much ready to fish as is.

I just want to say what a GREAT site, and I look forward to learning much more here.

"Ready to fish" sounds good to me. Nothing like light weight tin. Handles easy, trailers easy. Look forward to seeing pics. Enjoy.

So here are the pics. She's a little dirty, but will clean up nice. He had the boat setup for crappie fishing at night, note the lantern holders. Neat setup, but I am going to remove it because I rarely do that type of fishing. The only thing I really want to do is rewire it.

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

Not sure if this is factory, or if the owner did it. I'm thinking it's not factory, but a well done job by the previous owner.

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

Yep, that rig is very clean. Sweet!
You're right, I wouldn't have expected a factory live well. Are you gonna keep the rod holders rack? I think they may come in handy.

jasper60103 said:
Yep, that rig is very clean. Sweet!
You're right, I wouldn't have expected a factory live well. Are you gonna keep the rod holders rack? I think they may come in handy.

Thanks! I will keep the rack, but for the type of fishing I'll be doing out of this righ, I doubt I will ever use it.

moi said:
:USA1: Sweet lookin' rig........and the shop ain't too shabby either. :beer:

Please excuse the mess. It's a result of too many projects, too little time. ](*,)