New member with a new project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks nice ST =D> yeah i didnt see any of that wood around here either in tampabay area, altho im sure a lumber yard would more than likely have it. yeah, menards are pretty nice. wish one was around here.
and for the cleaning of dirty dull paint try finding some dry wash a friend showed me how you could wash your car with it without any water, it removes all oxidation and leaves it looking like it was new. and no im not talking about that stuff they show on the TV commercial with the oxi clean guy lol

Thanks! Got my rod locker framed-up today & the rear seat sheeted. Not going to deck the rear, just going to leave it open. Also decided against storage area across from the rod locker (in center area), instead I'm going to carpet a piece of panel to cover the inside of the hull. Figured it could be a place to stow cooler, tackle boxes, I misc.

Out of materials, so will pick-up some stuff tomorrow, including carpet & adhesive. Got navigation lights to mount, a little wiring to run, rod locker to enclose, and she'll be ready for carpet =D>

Hope to have it finished-up by the weekend....then hang a "For Sale" sign on it :mrgreen: May have to take a fishing trip in it 1st, just to try her out :wink:

ST

welcome aboard fellow hoosier :D

dang your moven along, I missed ya some where here.

Nice job so far, what are you mainly gonna fish for?

Hi FB! lol....it's either chicken or feathers with me :mrgreen: I like to fish for bass, panfish, and cats. Bass & bigger cats get released, panfish & small "eater" cats go in the livewell :wink:

I just bought this boat for a project, and will sell it once done, but I have another boat. I'm anxious to get this one done, who knows, I may look for another one :p .

ST

Got a little more accomplished today. Got the rod locker finished, and added a panel on the opposite side to hold carpeting. And, obviously got the carpeting installed. Electrical is next, and going to form a couple of trim pieces out of the seat I removed. Still need to get a seats mounted too.

ST

frcarpet.jpg

rfwdcarpet.jpg

rodlocker.jpg

lol, I hope so Jim....got all my money tied-up in it :p I need to figure-out some reinforcement for the bow, it had a couple pieces of rotted wood with an eyebolt through them for the winch point. After I repair that, I'll make a nice aluminum wrap for the top where the split shows in pic. Figured I could make a spot on there as well for the front nav light. I picked-up a 4X4" plastic box & cover, with the plan to mount the plug for the trolling motor in it, as well as a switch for the lights...and can keel all the connections in the box.

It'd be more appealing to a prospective buyer if it at least had a trolling motor, but my choice may not be theirs. You guys think $950 is a reasonable asking price? I'll have about $750 in it....lol, and tell me I'm nuts if you want...I can take it :mrgreen: Just curious as to if I'm in the ballpark.

ST

Thanks Jim! I'd rather keep it "appealing" to a potential buyer who's in the shopping state of mind.... :mrgreen:

Just wanted to see if I was in the ballpark for what a boat like this was worth. Got the same (original) seats remounted today & some electrical done. Looks like chance of rain for the next few days :roll: ....but, I need to get a couple more things anyway to finish her up.

Thanks again!
ST

Thanks WW! .....lol, hope you were fishin'! :mrgreen:

ST

Well, if things go according to "plan", I told Dad I'd take him fishing next week......

Got the seats in & electrical done today, as well as stiffened-up the bow with a nice piece of oak. If you look in the by the rear navigation light (where it's stowed) I mounted switches in a raintight 4X4 box, and there's an amber marker light next to it for some interior lighting. I added the same set-up in front, as well as mounted the plug for a bow-mount TM in the box as well. They're just under the front nav light out of sight.
done3.jpg

I wanted the pin-style seat pedestals but couldn't find them local, so the seats won't be removable......not a biggie, especially on a boat that'll be sold.
done1.jpg

Also got the hinges on the 2 front hatches today, and found-out today the trailer wiring was "fubar" and will straighten it out tomorrow, as well as giving everything a double check. So I'll hopefully have some pics to post next week with the boat on the water & some fish in it :wink:

ST

Man you have flown through this build. I bought my boat in January and will be happy if I can get done by the middle of Aug.

lol....I used to work construction. I have picked-up a few ideas for the next project (one of these days)....and learned to give more consideration to the carpet effecting height of hatches & doors :wink:

Just listed it on Craigslist today.....we'll see how it goes. Worse case is I just got myself a cheap fishing boat to use on the smaller lakes :mrgreen:

ST

Ahhh....ya gotta love the "lowballers" :roll: Some moron sent me an email & all it said was "money's tight.....$600". Well I have it listed for $950, so my reply to him was "$1200 ....my money's tight too" :mrgreen:

Haven't heard back from him yet :D

ST

SlimeTime said:
Ahhh....ya gotta love the "lowballers" :roll: Some moron sent me an email & all it said was "money's tight.....$600". Well I have it listed for $950, so my reply to him was "$1200 ....my money's tight too" :mrgreen:

Haven't heard back from him yet :D ST

yep, I bet they'd love to get that rig for only $600. That is really low-balling it.