New Ride

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Broncoxlt

Reaction score
Picked this up today from the local Marine Liquidator. I think its a SeaArk 16x45. What can yall tell me about it?
100_0999.jpg

Good looking boat, I imagine you'll like it much better than the 12 footer. What kinda plans you got for it or are you gonna go with it as is?

Thanks guys. Going to have to gut it the wood is rotten as can be. Thinking about cutting the center bench out and making it a no center seat when I redo it.

you were right when you called me... that is a nice boat! I'm glad to see you out of that 1230... now you can stand to piss and not worry about fallin in!

i wouldn't cut out that middle bench. I would leave it in - especially if the center is already cut out and keep it as storage. I would deck between that and the rear bench though. Give Ben something he can walk around on (and make whatever hellacious worms he can think to mold together).

I would get rid of the cooler in the front and move it back towards the rear. Look at what I've done with my boat since I've decked the rear... putting that cooler closer to the middle will help level you out too and get rid of the tripping hazard while you're in the front.

You've got 2.5 weeks to get that thing ready for Carters... by the way - you can use my 2 rear trolling motors up there if you need to, and the batteries. I'm going to use my big motor up there.

Great lookin boat, I agree get the wood out if needed before it pitts the boat and deck it as needed then fish in it. Then you will see how you may want to change it later.

Thanks russ I may take you up on that offer. The boat has the three factory seats in it one is under the front deck.I would use the middle as storage but the bottom of the bench is open and is up off the bottom of the floor.

Broncoxlt said:
Well this project just got rolling. Ordered me a new trolling motor MotorGuide 71LBS foot controlled.

copy cat... =D>

only bad thing about that motor... the mount (unless the one you're getting is like my new one) is not stout enough... then you can drop another $200 bucks on that

russ010 said:
Broncoxlt said:
Well this project just got rolling. Ordered me a new trolling motor MotorGuide 71LBS foot controlled.

copy cat... =D>

only bad thing about that motor... the mount (unless the one you're getting is like my new one) is not stout enough... then you can drop another $200 bucks on that

Which mount do you have now? This one comes with the #20.8 Gator Breakaway.

Well got started on the boat. Pulled out all of the old treated decking 4inch deck screws and all. Found the Coast Guard plate also. The boat is a MonArk. Got a lot of work to do to get ready for this Saterday. Have some pics

Broncoxlt said:
russ010 said:
Broncoxlt said:

copy cat... =D>

Which mount do you have now? This one comes with the #20.8 Gator Breakaway.

that is the one I just got for mine... it makes a ton of difference. The one that came on it to start off with was the Flex 360.

Where did you order your trolling motor from?

copy cat... =D>

only bad thing about that motor... the mount (unless the one you're getting is like my new one) is not stout enough... then you can drop another $200 bucks on that[/quote]

Which mount do you have now? This one comes with the #20.8 Gator Breakaway.[/quote]

that is the one I just got for mine... it makes a ton of difference. The one that came on it to start off with was the Flex 360.

Where did you order your trolling motor from?[/quote]

Bass Pro The mount is like your new one it is stout compaired to the one that was on my old 40lbs motorguide

Got some pics of the work so far not much done but working on it got to atleast have the front deck on buy saturday.

I think this is from the treated wood of the old deck.

Latest posts