New to the site. Hello from St. Louis.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ron, anytime when it gets a little warmer I'd love to get together and catch some Bass. I fish the Meremec a lot but still learning it.

I have my best luck at all of the farm ponds I fish. I caught a 12.25 pounder in 2007 at a farm pond in Wildwood. We have some great honey holes. I'll post a pic of the 12 pounder we call "Deery" tomorrow. A friend of mine caught what I believe is that same fish last Spring but we found her dead this Summer. I almost cried as it was kind of a myth to people that there are 12+ pound fish in Missouri. The pond I caught her at, we have pulled all sizes of fish from 8 pounds down in huge numbers and Crappie up to 16". Not a fish story, I promise. Night fishing with large black and blue YUM Dingers is where it is at.

Great looking rig bulldog. Looking forward to the wrap info.

Welcome aboard.

12.25 pounds 27.5" long 20.5" girth. I caught it on a 3.5-4" realistic crawdad during the spawn April 21st, 2007. I always said if I caught something over 10 lbs I'd get it mounted but I could not get it back in the water fast enough. I got a replica made instead. I attached a pic of that also. Just an awesome mount. Approx 36"x24" total size. The Peacock in the pic was 4 pounds and caught in Miami last year.

Attachments

• 12 pounder.jpg
    12 pounder.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 537
  • 12 pounder mount.JPG
    12 pounder mount.JPG
    447.5 KB · Views: 537
They would be a lot nicer if the fiance would let me hang them up on the wall. #-o :evil: They just sit in my basement on the floor for now.

Hey Bulldog, I recognize the location were some of the photos were taken...George Winter park boat ramp....I live about a mile and a half from there...Lots of fun fishing to be done from that ramp.. I don't keep to many fish but since we do love our fish to eat, I keep a few. I still think we're not to eat to many due to possible mercury contamination...I know people who have been eating fish from that river for decades and not one of them glow in the dark or any other wierd thing..
again, its good to have you abord...I will try to send you a pm as I live in fenton
peace
Ron

I've never eaten any fish from the Meremec but I do eat the cat fish I catch from the Missouri and if they don't kill me then I don't think the fish from the Meremec will. The Missouri is a pretty dirty river. I run that river all the time and it is sad how much crap is on it. A couple buddies and I are building a 10' by 10' log cabin on an island right now and the log jam that we are getting the logs out of is just chock full of trash. Pretty sad. People are just wasteful.

On the other hand we have found some old dumps from the early 1900's (just a guess) that the river is exposing due to erosion and we have found some neat old bottles and signs.

On the other hand we have found some old dumps from the early 1900's (just a guess) that the river is exposing due to erosion and we have found some neat old bottles and signs.

That sounds pretty cool! Love to see some of that sometime.

Welcome to the site bulldog. I'm about 1.5 hours west of you and run the Missouri, Gasconade, and Osage Rivers mainly. The paint job on your hull and motor are top notch! I can only imagine how your boat runs. Mine is an 1852 with a 115/80 Etec and I thought it ran decent (mid to upper 30's depending on wind/current).

Latest posts