Nice Rack

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darb79

Reaction score
My wifes grandma killed this muley about 30-35 years ago on their property here in the state. The funny thing is that they were scared to eat it because they thought it was sick. It had been hanging on the barn since she killed it on the shady side from the sun. when they let me take it down off of the barn it was pretty weather checked. I did an epoxy coat and tried to stain them but this stain didnt take (the color didnt hold) so I will be stripping it down and I will try the airbrush and see if it works any better. I'm still looking for a cape that is in good shape so I can do a shoulder mount (prefferably one that I killed). It rough scores at 242 gross. It is a 9x7 not including eye guards and a number of small points just a hair under an inch

Attachments

• nice rack 1.jpg
    nice rack 1.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 944
  • nice rack 2.jpg
    nice rack 2.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 942
  • nice rack 3.jpg
    nice rack 3.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 940
Dang...Never realized there was a hunting section.

Nice!

Yea, it is a great rack, but the other one that had been hangin on the barn with this one was alot bigger (at least 38in wide) and was a straight 4 point frame. It was so weather checked that it fell apart when I tried to take it down. From broken tips, the outside spread was still 34in. That is what private property will get you. Its just too bad I cant go and play there!

Latest posts