Norris Lake, TN 12-20-08

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whj812

Reaction score
Got on the lake this AM early. Water temps were 48-49 everywhere I went. Fished in between Brogans and Island F/Hickory Star area. Fished Jigs, FNF, Silver Buddies and Cranksbaits.

Started fishing the mainlake points picked up one smallie right away, was small and got off right at the boat. Had a few more strikes, but never could hook up on anything. About 9 or so decided it was time to start experimenting, and fished some mainlake pockets with deep water. Picked up my new PB smallmouth on a jig. Was 19 3/4 inches long and really fat!!

Picked up the buddy after that and caught a few more. Was a very good day in comparison with how slow it has been for me. Felt good to finally get on a few!!

Here is a pick of the big one.

Attachments

• IMAGE_063.jpg
    IMAGE_063.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 194
congrats on your personal best..... great catching...

I'll be doing Norris a couple of days after Dale Hollow - maybe we can hook up for a day??

FishingCop said:

I'll be doing Norris a couple of days after Dale Hollow - maybe we can hook up for a day??

Definitely!! Ill warn you ahead of time.... Norris can be one of the toughest lakes youll ever fish!!

whj812 said:
FishingCop said:

Definitely!! Ill warn you ahead of time.... Norris can be one of the toughest lakes youll ever fish!!

Yeah, I know that. My inlaws are only 15 miles from the lake - been fishing it for about 30 years (3-5 times a year when we went down there (from Chicago) for visits, etc. It was always tough fishing.....

Walleyes were what we always targeted......

Good looking smallie - the one bass, well 2 counting stripers, that I have not yet caught... but when I get to Dale Hollow I plan on changing that!

Awesome job!

Congrats on the new pb. Bigger smalls are hard to come by.

I would kill for water temps in the upper 40's through the cold months.

Latest posts