Oil Spill

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to go down there and help. I don't know about you but a million anglers marching down to go help the coast sounds like a start. what are we going to do if people keep sitting on their hands. Is this what we can expect to happen when other things happen like this. i hope not!

koda said:
I'd like to go down there and help. I don't know about you but a million anglers marching down to go help the coast sounds like a start. what are we going to do if people keep sitting on their hands. Is this what we can expect to happen when other things happen like this. i hope not!

I hear you. We have discussed this in numerous goverment and civil meetings. This is JUST my opinion and a lot of people will disagree; BP is hiring local fishermen who are out of work to do the clean up. ALL of the volunteers are greatly appreciated and will be needed, but the more who volunteer at this point, the more people are put out of jobs and BP gets free labor. If the Top Kill were to work today, the clean up will take years. I'm not sure if I will ever see the fishery around Venice ever open again to fishing in my life time. So far, the heavy crude that destoys everything has only hit the Breton Sound, Venice, and Grand Isle area. The well has been flowing for 30 + days and it just really hit the shores last week. These dispersants are the stupidest thing I have ever seen. I'm convinced that they are using them for a cover up. If you can't see it on the surface, no harm, it must not exist. They had no idea the oil was going to hit Grand Isle because it was suspended in the water column. It washed in with the tide with not much of a slick or warning sign.

Once they get this under control and the clean up is in full swing, then I will be volunteering myself.

Please do take this as I'm bashing you!!!! I think that you will understand the point we are trying to make. There are thousands of families with no income. I haven't heard the first one wanting a hand out!!!!! They just want to earn a living for their families. There will always be an exception to this and people wanting something for nothing. Thankfully, I haven't seen this yet.

Latest posts