On Board Charger and Batteries for Trollingmotor/Finder

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoghunter17

Reaction score
This may be a stupid question but.... I have two separate batteries for the trolling motor and fish finder that I charge with a two (2) bank charger. Every time I go to fish I unhook the charger from the batteries and hook the motor/finder up to them, then re-attatch the charger back up to the batteries when I get back to the house.

Am I able to leave the charger connectors permanently attached to the battery posts so I can just plug in when I get back home?

I assume that I have the charger hook-ups below connecting directly to the battery post and then the TM/FF connectors overlapping them, then screw the nut down tight?

Total rookie here, any info will help. Thanks in advance!

You can leave your on-board charger connected to the batteries, and leave your TM and FF connected too.

If you're talking about a marine on-board charger I agree with the above advise but if you're taking about an automotive style charger, you might not want to leave that one connected. Some (mostly the older ones) automotive style chargers will drain the life out of a battery if the charger is connected but not plugged in and charging.

Latest posts