Plastic Fuel tank & Water in Fuel Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoedawg

Reaction score
I have a pretty decent plastic tank that I had to pull out of my boat to clean up all the gunk and water that was in the fuel and the tank. After I flushed it out all was right with the world. I spoke with my father in law about it and he said I MAY have to (not HAVE to) replace the tank depending on how well I cleaned it or either what kind of crap was in it. He has been a boat owner all his life and knows his stuff. He just said sometimes there is so much crap that the plastic holds, you may just be causing the same problem.

What is your opinion on this? :-? I flushed the tank for almost 30 mins and cleaned the heck out of it. Here are the pics of the tank below.

This is the tank half washed/cleaned
Fuel Tank Half Washed.jpg

This is it being flushed and cleaned
Fuel Tank Flushed.jpg

Use soap and water, and a pressure washer. Stick the wand of the PW in there, blast it all around, and rinse it out. You can re-use it with no problem, as long as you remove all the residue from the surfaces. I've taken old 5 gallon plastic cans that sat empty, or half-empty for years, and scrubbed them out like this.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=351072#p351072 said:
PSG-1 » 03 May 2014, 13:11[/url]"]Use soap and water, and a pressure washer. Stick the wand of the PW in there, blast it all around, and rinse it out. You can re-use it with no problem, as long as you remove all the residue from the surfaces. I've taken old 5 gallon plastic cans that sat empty, or half-empty for years, and scrubbed them out like this.

Great suggestion. I didn't think of using soap in the tank and putting the PW wand in there. Ill try that. Thanks.

Latest posts