Pond Fishing Expedition 25June09

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whj812

Reaction score
I was planning on heading to Norris this evening but got a call from a friend wanting to go try out a pond that he found. Man let me tell you that was a blast!! We ended up catching 12 total most were 1-2lbs but Anthony hooked into a MONSTERRRR!!! I was fishing about 25 yards down the bank from him and all I heard was Monster Monster help help, I just jumped across a ditch rod in hand and went down to the bank, he was fighting the fish through standing timber all around on 12lb berkley big game. Managed to get the fish to the bank and I wrestled it into hand and the hook falls right out.

Here she is..... STILL SPAWNING?????? OMG!!!

On the Scale she weighed 8lb 2oz by far the biggest LM Ive ever seen!!!

Attachments

• 100_1849.JPG
    100_1849.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 337
Loggerhead Mike said:
nice lunker that girls huge, it looks as big as he is from the waste up

what'd he catch it on?

Zoom Red Shad Finesse worm, 12Lb Berkeley Big Game Line, Pflueger President Spinning reel and BPS Xps 7 ft MH rod.

:)

whj812 said:
Loggerhead Mike said:

what'd he catch it on?

Zoom Red Shad Finesse worm, 12Lb Berkeley Big Game Line, Pflueger President Spinning reel and BPS Xps 7 ft MH rod.:)

I have one of the BPS spinning rods as you describe, and it's a good rod, and been using it since about 2005. 8)

Waterwings said:
whj812 said:
Loggerhead Mike said:

what'd he catch it on?

Zoom Red Shad Finesse worm, 12Lb Berkeley Big Game Line, Pflueger President Spinning reel and BPS Xps 7 ft MH rod.:)

I have one of the BPS spinning rods as you describe, and it's a good rod, and been using it since about 2005. 8)

It handled that fish nicely!!! He had 3 feet of room in between trees all the way back on the retrieve. Got wrapped up a few times was amazed at the strength of the line and the way the rod handled the fish!!

akeck said:
I registered just to see this lol. Hopefully we can pull some bigger out of there.

[-X [-X Registered just to see this...... heck you are a Tin boat man too!! You Have 2 nice ones including your dads boat!! Welcome to the site!! =D> =D>

FishingCop said:
akeck said:
I registered just to see this lol. Hopefully we can pull some bigger out of there.

Go to your profile and enter your location - thanks for joining.....

Fixed.

Yeah I got some tin boats... we need to get one out in that pond though.

Awesome fish, congrats. I hope one day something like that will decide to eat my bait.

Dave...I am waiting for you to pick me up to go fishing....get off the computer :evil:

Latest posts