Price of 15 hp Johnson??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victoryn

Reaction score
I'm looking for a 15 horse for my jon (1438 sea nymph) and I ran across this 2001 15 hp Johnson. They want $1250 for her which seems steep! How much is a fair price for a motor like this? Thanks guys!
https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/boa/2208012804.html

You're right that is high. Call and offer $800 and start dealing from there. The motor looks in good shape but it's still a 10 year old motor and you most likely still don't have any open water to test it under a load. A new 15hp outboard can be had for around $2,300. Me I hate spending that type of money without fulling testing the motor and would only pay that price if I was buying it from a marina that fully serviced the motor and stood behind their work.

Not sure where you are located and if you still need a motor but I recently upgraded to a new boat and would be willing to part with my 15hp 2005 Mercury for $700. I just haven't gotten around to listing it and for a quick easy sale $700 gets it. I am in the New Orleans area and would rather not have to ship it since I would not know how to go about doing it. We can take it for a spin so you can check it out. I am selling because I no longer need the motor since I am just using my old 14' for small ponds.

Attachments

• IMG_0099.JPG
    IMG_0099.JPG
    218.4 KB · Views: 6,125
  • IMG_0101.JPG
    IMG_0101.JPG
    241.9 KB · Views: 6,125
  • IMG_0102.JPG
    IMG_0102.JPG
    221.7 KB · Views: 6,125
I am looking for that same type of motor (johnson.evinrude 2000). I saw one in my area for 800 but no pics... See if he can do it for 900, which is a fair price if everything is sound.

$700 is a killer deal! Unfortunatly I'm up in the frozen tundra of Michigan :cry: I'll give them a call and see if they will accept 850 if everything runs good! Thanks for the help guys!!

Frozen? It was in the 60's today! I guess I will have to finally list it. I've been so busy I have not taken the time to do so. I hope the motor works out for you.

15 hp tend to run around $1200 for 2005-newer, $800-1000 for 2000-2004, and various prices for previous years and shape of the motor.

I know it's tough just keep your eyes open. Good deals come to those who are patience.

Yea just like po1 said. You have to wait for the right deals to come. I got my 2000 15 4 stroke electric start outboard for 750 a month ago and I was looking awhile. I would suggest posting an ad on craigslist stating "Looking for 15 HP outboard" and see what you get. Thats how I discovered mine. It wasn't on an ad it was through just an email so it wasn't shown to everyone and wasn't a competition.