Ready to get working on my first boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Red. You can "borrow" some ideas just as I borrowed from many of the guys on here. Good luck with your build.

Boat looks great defiantly a inspiration for the design of mine..Have been debating what to deck and what not to deck and where to place storage..Your boat is a smooth operator for sure..Built not Bought ..thanks for all the info

Boat looks real sharp! Nice work! I noticed you had the front seat mounted real close to the nose. Are you regretting that at all? Im trying to decide the placement on the front seat on my boat and cant decide where to put it. Thanks

I haven't really sat in the the front seat yet. I have been primarily in the back seat as I controlled my trolling motor. I will be trying the front more as I mount an old trolling motor up there with a Bigfoot foot control pedal. The boat does get a bit wobbly as you move to the bow but not much. I will update on how it is to fish out the front.
I definitely love my storage. I was thinking of adding a few more but I didn't want to overdue it.
Thanks for the compliments.

Hey, awesome mod! I just got my first tinnie and Im about to start my mod. Im using a lot of yourideas, and I was wondering a couole things... Did the 2x2's turn out sturdy enough? What did you do for a floor? And finally, did you in the end install a bilge?

Hey Maestro, thanks. 2x2's, pretty sturdy, so far. I wanted to keep the weight down and I noticed a lot of other modders on this forum use them too. I am a big guy 6 feet, 250 and I have no worries about the sturdiness. The floor is just a removable carpet wrapped piece of 5/8" plywood with some 2x2's under in the shape of a ladder just laying on the floor. I will post a pic for you tomorrow.
No bilge btw. Boat is kept in a garage. I use a cover as much as I can. I don't plan on being on the lake during any downpours. If I ever want to clean out the boat, I could just remove all the pieces.

After being on the water twice, I decided to make a couple of tweaks. First I moved my front seat back six inches to make room for my bigfoot switch.
2012-04-24_12-06-53_HDR.jpg

It will a give me some room so that I do not feel like I am sitting on the nose of the boat.
I installed my bigfoot switch for my older front trolling motor. After some wiring hookups, it was done. Not too hard. And it works. Pretty cool. Now whoever is in the front seat can keep us on some fishing spots. with just a tap on the switch.
2012-04-24_12-09-00_HDR.jpg

2012-04-24_12-07-44_HDR.jpg

I was watching a fishing show and I noticed when a guy lifted up his storage hatch, he had some clips with his baits attached. This is my version of it.
2012-04-24_13-44-01_HDR.jpg

2012-04-24_13-44-45_HDR.jpg

2012-04-24_13-45-26_HDR.jpg

Quick access to the baits I am using for the day. EDIT those clips are simple alligator clips from Amazon. A 12pk for $4.50.

For TheMaestro, he are two pictures of my floor. It just sits on the ribs of the boat. With the weight, it doesn't shift or move at all.
2012-04-24_13-15-35_HDR.jpg

2012-04-24_13-14-46_HDR.jpg

Hey thanks, that gives me a good idea for my floor. I really like the idea of the bait clipped to the lid, its really a good use of space and handy. Im gearing up with materials to start, so its almost time for me to start my own post on here!

I really like Amazon.com for certain things. This is where I got them. Here are the two links.
Switches: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VHWLP2/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00
Fuse box w/ neg bus:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000THQ0CQ/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i01
There are different options for the switches. This layout just made it so easy to hook up and I was a noob too. I also took alot from Jay415's post, especially this page: https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=22353&start=45
Hope this helps you.

Oh and some wiring from Amazon and the heavier duty ones from Genuinedealz.com (No shipping, no taxes). The T-connectors, that joined two wires into one, are just from Walmart.

ChitownBasser said:
Oh and some wiring from Amazon and the heavier duty ones from Genuinedealz.com (No shipping, no taxes). The T-connectors, that joined two wires into one, are just from Walmart.

very nice ! thanks for the links