say it ain't so

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcbouy

Reaction score
my best friend finally gave up the ghost.took my tow rig in for an oilchange and an estimate on some what i thought were minor issues.$6200 later,i'm sadly pulling the plug,now i need to find a truck. in the next 2 weeks we head out on our yearly month long fishing/camping trip. murphys timing right ? not looking forward to the monthly payments again. its the wifes bday on the 18th.i'm calling it her gift,even if she never drives it :LOL2:

Man, that's not minor. I've been thinking about getting a different vehicle too but I haven't made a car payment in about eight years and am not really anxious to start them. I hope the $6200 was an estimate and not the bill.

Sorry for your loss. $6,200.00!!! Ouch, I remember when you could get a whole new rig for that. Oh, did I say that I was old!

My Toyota van (first foreign vehicle I ever bought) is now on 145,000 miles. Still going strong, but I know that, one of these days, I will have to replace it. I hate car shopping.

Hope you find what you want. richg99

when they gave me the estimate my jaw dropped.then they gave me a bill for $420 for an oil change and shop time.when i finished freaking out they dropped it to an even 200.now i have my eye on a 2012 f 250 4x4 with only 18k on it.were going to look at it friday.

$200.00 for an oil change???? Heck, I am using synthetic and an oil change, along with a new filter, is only $90.00. Ouch. Of course we don't know how much shop time was involved.

Hope I never need a big rig. richg99

complete ac redo,pulley tensioner,abs hydraulc control,drive belt,front brakes,tie rod ends,idler arms, pinion seal , a bunch of little things and a whole lot of labour. i did test drive a 2012 hemi 2500 after work today,and the wife really likes it even tho she was scared to park it.i might have a new truck by dinner tomorrow. :D i'm leaning ford ,wifeys leaning dodge.the trucks are very similar in options and power,money talks now. the $200 was oil change and shop time.they spent 3 hours doing the estimate.

Yea, something seems fishy there, I think I would definitely get a second opinion, this guy seems to be very proud of his work. Fords have always been good to me, 150,000 miles is nothing!

i 've been taking my trucks to the same ford dealer for service for 15 years. the wifes been sending her fleet trucks to the same one.i trust them.i know i've run my truck into the ground and i'm due for a new one.it's been really good to me.

Okay, the dealer is always more expensive, well usually anyway, and they want to make your truck like new again, so they will recommend way more than it really needs or you could get by with.

Latest posts