season opened yesterday

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

switchback

Reaction score
Didn't shoot any deer. Did see 4 lil bucks and 5 doe during morning hunt. Then 8 bucks and 1 doe during the evening hunt. Missed a really nice shooter buck. 4 of the bucks in evening hunt were the same ones from the morning hunt. All but the 1 buck were young and not legal except the couple of spikes in the group but no shot on them. Did have to coons come in and I shot one of them. At one time or another, all of the deer I saw except 2 doe in the morning where within 20 to 40 yards.

That was one of my favorite spots. Next weekend I'll be hunting the "Killing tree" at the other end of property by truck. Almost positive I'll take something there and will have the video cam ready.

Did get a video of 4 point at 20 yards with my iphone. here is a pic from that video.....

four point.jpg

At least somebody is seeing something.

My season has started much the same way my last one ended... dismal. :cry:

I've been 5 times now and have only seen 7 deer. 6 of those were in one group.

The single deer that I have had in range walked right up to me and started eating acorns... when I was only halfway up the tree. :roll: I had another come in on me this afternoon while I was clearing some limbs out of the way to open up some shooting lanes. It saw me before I could see it (wouldn't have mattered anyway as I hadn't pulled my bow up into the tree yet :roll: :roll: )

Don't worry. It'll change.

I know when full moon comes it will for me to. My buddy went for an evening hunt this afternoon. He was sitting a few hundred yards from where I will be next Sunday. We sit fairly close to each other no matter where we hunt. He said he saw 20 doe altogether come past him headed toward the spot I'll be next week. Should be a great hunt.