Seat mount issue, please help!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjbassinboy

Reaction score
Hi all,
This is kind of hard to explain but i will try my best. I have a simple seat swivel bolted to the wooden deck of my jon boat, with a seat attached to it. When i put it on, the wooden deck was not on the boat, so we had access to the backside of the bolts, so we could prevent them from spinning as we tightened the bolts. Now, one of the screws that attaches the actual seat to the swivel has come loose. How can i go about tightening it? Should i just take the whole thing off? This picture is the best i could do, the arrow shows the loose screw.

swivelissue_zpsf764cfc8.jpg

Only idea I could come up with would be to put a screwdriver bit into a socket, and then use something (maybe pvc pipe) as a ratchet handle extension?
But if it worked itself loose once, it's gonna do it again.

Loose or completely out of the threads is the deciding factor. Loose and a hex head you might be able to reach and tighten. Screw head or out of the threads and I think you are going to need to pull the board.

I got myself in a similar situation when I mounted my swivels. There just isn't much room to work under there.

I would remove the plywood and tighten it back up. This time use "LocTite" on it so it wont work loose again. Its alot of work but worth it to be stable.

Latest posts