Selling a Suzuki 6 hp four stroke

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In August 2023, I bought a brand new Suzuki 6 hp four stroke tiller short shaft to use on a 12’ boat. I used it once, then unexpectedly came across a much nicer 12’ boat with a 9.9 Merc two stroke for a great price. After trying out the 9.9, I decided to keep it.

So now I have an almost new (2 hrs run time) 6 hp. What to do with it?

I figure I will sell it in the spring.

I started to wonder if finding a used cheap boat/trailer, then selling all three as a B/M/T package would be easier, and possibly get more money indirectly for my Suzuki. Of course, this could be just an excuse to have another tin around.

Thoughts?

Got excited at first. Looking for a 6 horse Suzuki and was going to buy it new. Saw your post and thought great but then backtracked. One post and trying to sell right off the bat is not my cup of tea.

Got excited at first. Looking for a 6 horse Suzuki and was going to buy it new. Saw your post and thought great but then backtracked. One post and trying to sell right off the bat is not my cup of tea.
Not sure how my post was interpreted, but my post was not intended to sell the motor. I’m asking if others think buying a boat and trailer to put the motor on and sell as a package is worth it vs selling motor alone. As of this post, the motor is not for sale.

There is pretty good demand for small motors. You will take a hit, but that is only fair as it is used. Putting out more money for a boat/trailer in order to a create a bundle doesn't make sense to me in this case. Unless you get an incredible deal or have experience buying, fixing, and reselling boats, you will likely just be deeper in the hole. My two cents.

Agree with LDUBS on this one, why make more work for yourself for mabey a few bucks more ? Small motors are in demand all over, not gonna get your money back for sure, depreciation is an *** kicker... cut your losses and get your best price you can.

Latest posts