Snow

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.. do NOT buy one from a big box store ... they are 'cheaper' made versions of the real thing!

I used to recommend Sears, as they always topped the Consumer Reports testing for 'Best Buys', but I don't even know today if a Sears snowblower is such a think anymore ...

Make sure to have a few extra sheer pins...snow blowers don’t like newspapers. :LOL2:

I didn't even use the snowblower the last 2 years since we didn't get much snow. But I had a feeling it would be needed this time, so I pulled it out of the shed and put it in the garage. I put some gas in it and it fired up on the third pull. I usually don't even put gas in it during the season until the day before a real snow storm is imminent. I usually run it in the spring until all the gas runs out and it shuts down. This snow storm wasn't a lot for us with around 5" of snow, but the sleet/rain that mixed in made it a solid heavy mess. So I did 4 or 5 shovels of snow and said nevermind, snowblower time. I did our driveway and sidewalk over to the neighbors and then did their driveway since I knew his snowblower was broken and he was at work. I figured the slush would turn to ice before he could get home and with our driveways on a slope the last thing I would want to see is someone falling and getting hurt. It took 26 years, but the plows finally took out our mailbox too. The pressure treated post was rotted at the ground/cement and snapped right off. So that looks like a spring project unless winter ends up being milder and the ground doesn't freeze. I think our snowblower is 12-15 years old, it's a Troybilt we got at Lowes on sale when the grills were coming in and they needed the floor space.

i picked up a used craftsman 42" snow blower in june.it's been getting a good workout.i've already blown 1 belt, 5 shear bolts and 2 wheel pins and the first day of winter isn't here yet.my house/shop have gambrel roofs so i get huge snow piles sliding off them.i back it up with a 72" snow plow mounted on my side x side.i have a blast plowing all the neighbors driveways and a good chunk of the road.i'm on the end of my street so the plows like to make huge piles at the end where my sons property starts so i have to deal with smashing through them as well.we got close to a foot yesterday.