spares

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2007NNBS

Reaction score
can i run a set of spare tires and wheels off a car on my trailer. i thought i could considering the light weight of the boat and trailer. thanks in advance

You "could" hypothetically. There are plenty out there that are rated up to 55mph for use on passenger vehicles, so on a very light trailer and boat combo, you would probably be okay for a little while. I just don't think they're designed to be used as a permanent use tire and may not stand up to longterm use.

Personally, I would strongly suggest you double, or triple-check the two lug patterns. There is more than one instance of a metric and SAE pattern being close enough to bolt on, but they still aren't right, and to use a metric pattern on an SAE hub is a hazardous, or even dangerous practice.

The "donut" spares do have a good rim on them, it's the tire that is not rated for long-term, or high speed use. Once you wear that "donut" tire out, it's not a problem to have a regular tire mounted up, and continue using the rim.

Roger