stripping paint off trailer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankbait09

Reaction score
I started sanding my boat trailer trying to remove the paint/rust so I can reapply primer and paint. After a few sheets of sandpaper on the pal sander, I am finding that I am not getting anywhere fast. I was looking at my home depot and saw a number of paint strippers (liquid). With there being so many, I am not sure what is good or better.

Can anyone recommend a gel/liquid stripper that would speed up the stripping process? I realize it may need to set on the paint for a number of hours, thats fine. I just wanna get this paint off. My jon boat trailer is steel.

CitrusStrip_Jun25.jpg
Klean-Strip-Aircraft-Paint-Remover.jpg

Lately all I use is the citrus stuff. It works pretty good, better if you can keep it from drying out.
Good thing is it is not uber toxic like some of the others, and it smells good, too.

To be honest I have only used it on motors. Put it on and wait until the next day (if I can, within an hour it is usually peeling) and hit it with a power washer. Usually if there are any spots left they are small and are then removed with a wire wheel.

generally i put it as thick as possible. Mostly to just keep it wet for longer.

It may not work, but it's worth a shot. I think it is a lot "better" to work with than the toxic avenger stuff.

Latest posts