Suggestions on cheaper baitcasters

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again, thanks for all the advice, unfortunately, I think I am just gonna get another "reel" nice one. I was looking at reels online lastnight and there are so many nice ones out there. That's the only bad part about buying nice rods and reels....its so hard to downgrade, oh well whatever :wink:

Look on Ebay and find a Shimano Curado for about 120. If you keep looking, you can find them for that price(new). I bought four and the most I paid to the door was 132.00. At 7.6 oz. you can fish it all day long and it is as smooth as I have ever seen.

I love the Johnny Morris Sig Series Reel and righ tnow i thnk its on sale for lik 100 bucks instead of the usual 120 \:D/ ANd i Ia lso lik ethe Pro qualifier because it is about an ounce or two lighter thean the johnny morris and it is still a great reeel for the money.

jirwin6985 said:
Hey Jake I have a quantom accurist pt id sell you for $50 if your interested. Has some slight rash but i ended up deciding i like round baitcasters better for what i wanted to do and bought some calcuttas. Let me know and we can get together..
Joe
Wish I lived a little closer to you. I think I'm about 1.5 - 2 hours out. I would try to take you up on that offer #-o

I am heading to my cabin tomorrow, which is right near a Cabela's. Gonna do some fishing, shooting, and spending for my b-day with my pop pop. First on the list is a new pair of sunglasses, but after that who knows. I've been saving up here and there and its starting to burn a hole in my pocket, I will let you all know what I come home with. It will most likely either be a new baitcaster or a pile of bait...or both :mrgreen:

I've used and abused my Citica (and all my Shimanos really) and it hasn't messed up on me yet. I'm pretty loyal to Shimano, but for good reason.

I've heard good things about the other reels mentioned, but I had a bad Abu a while back and haven't messed with them since..

cavman138 said:
ebcbob said:
Like Dyeguy, the cheapest/best reel I've found is the BPS Extreme reel. You can get them on sale, and have a good choice of speeds. Stick with a metal frame, no graphite frames.

x2 I have 3 of them.

x3 I have two extremes and a johnny morris and I love them all!

Just bought a Johnny Morris JMX10HC. Apparently a BPS branded Pfleuger Supreme. Nice reel, 10 bearing. Casts as well as my Shimano Curado B. $119.00

I ended up just geting a new pair of sunglasses and a bunch of baits. The people working at the fishing counter were horrible. I stood there for a half hour saying excuse me to ask them to open the case so i could look at some reels and they just ignored me. Its not like they were busy it was only 930 a.m., they also only had left handers on reels I was interested in, so I just said screw it. I am super happy with my glasses though, Costa Zane with amber green mirror lenses....x-ray vision.

Latest posts