Sylvan 14 Seabreeze - Let the Mods Begin! ^COMPLETED^

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if a bilge would help but it's a good safety device no matter what I'd put one in it just might allow you to get back to shore if there's a problem

Here are some before and after pics of my rig:

Before:
IMG_00000053.jpg

IMG_00000054.jpg

IMG_00000055.jpg

IMG_00000058.jpg

IMG_00000063.jpg

IMG_00000072.jpg

IMG_00000075.jpg

And dont forget the trailer........

IMG_00000067.jpg

And now the After:

IMG_00000192.jpg

IMG_00000195.jpg

Boat name decal came out nice with the Loon:

IMG_00000193.jpg

And the manufacturer name is a close match too:

IMG_00000194.jpg

Still more from my 'photo shoot':

IMG_00000195.jpg

IMG_00000198.jpg

IMG_00000197.jpg

IMG_00000199.jpg

IMG_00000201.jpg

IMG_00000203.jpg

Next post will have all my bills priced and totalled to give you an idea of what a build like this costs...

Nice job & I like the folding stadium seats. Those are a lot lighter and easier to transport than the folding boat seats with the swivel bases.

Well, I sat down to total my receipts for my mod... It wasnt a total surprise as Ive read enough on here to have an idea..So here's the breakdown of the mod:

Wood: $90
Hardware (ties, hinges): $122
Screws and fasteners: $132
Carpet, Fabric and Glue: $154
Paint: $150
Boat Parts (deckplates, dry sacs, floor) $106
Decals: $67
Safety Equipment (oars, safety kit) $126

Total Boat-only Mod: $947

Trailer Parts: $350

GRAND TOTAL, WITH ORIGINAL BOAT PURCHASE: $2400 :shock:

But I think it was worth it...........

i LOVE what you did with your boat! i am going to have to steal your cargo net idea! :) i love your 9.9 evenrude also! i hope to get mine looking as clean as yours! i hope mine pushes me along like yours! truely great build!

Really like what you did with the floors. Would you have the name or manufacture site for the commercial grade antifatigue mat you used?

thanks...

Mass_Bass said:
Really like what you did with the floors. Would you have the name or manufacture site for the commercial grade antifatigue mat you used?

thanks...

Easy-peasy! I found it online and the retailer listed was Lowes, so thats where I got it. I found the link for it on the USA Lowes site for you, its here:
https://www.lowes.com/pd_113086-73825-160-0700-35_0__?productId=3595540&Ntt=anti.fatigue
Thats it exactly!

I love what you did with the breeze. I am going to be staeling some of your ideas. The mats for sure and the netting also. You did a great job!

Very nice build.

I just bought a 76 14' Sylvan but have no clue what model it is. Mine is 63" at the widest point up top and the transom drops down instead of being flat across.

My question is do you know what is the max HP rating is on your boat? Mine doesn't have the capacity sticker on it anymore and I am having a hard time trying to find out my specs. Found a 35hp motor locally but worried it may be too big even though this boat seems pretty heavy duty.

Thanks
Steve

Mine didnt have the capacity on it either, just the metal tag with the serial number. I called Sylvan and they looked it up for me. My guess is you might have a seasnapper. 35hp is the max on a new seasnapper, im guessing same for older ones. BUT if it is a seabreeze or alaskan, the 9.9! Call Sylvan, they are very helpful...and post a pic! :D

Thanks alot for the info, Didn't mean to highjack your thread.

I'll give them a call and give them the HIN and see what I have.

I tried to upload pics but it keeps saying the upload is currently in progress, But never finishes. I even resized them real small and still no go.

so i just took another look at your build... really great work! what did you use to paint your boat? rattle can? paint roller? or actual spray gun/compressor? it looks really good how does it hold up to scratches? did you use the same paint on the trailer?

The inside is rattle can gray with a satin clearcoat rattle can, the outside was rolled and tipped on. The paint is called tremclad and its bullet proof. Its been around a along time and even as a kid I remember my dad using it for outdoorsnapplications and it lasted years. It hardens nice, doesnt chip easily or scratch. Rustoleum bought tremclad, but hasnt dared mess with it!

you think it would hold up to being dragged off and on the flat bed trailer? im gonna look into that stuff! i havent painted the bottom of my boat yet cause i am on a budget and dont want to spend money on something that wont last.

TheMaestro said:
I do believe it will hold up. I just dont know if you can get it in the USA. Have you thought about using the same carpet from your boat to carpet the wood on the trailer?

well the trailer is next on the list for some modifications... i am thinking about mounting a couple of wooden slats to raise the bottom of the boat so that it slides on/off easier and carpeting those slats would be a great idea! thank you... im also considering adding a crank system to pull the boat to the front of the trailer. as it is right now i cant load/unload the boat by myself cause its too heavy :/

Hey Maestro, nice build! Reading your thread for the first time, two thoughts come to mind:
1) Nothing's more fun than getting my kids out on the water! Where else can you get so much one-on-one time nowadays?
2) Somebody told me after I bought my first vessel only a couple years ago, that BOAT stands for "Bring Out Another Thousand"$$$$$

Scott1298 :D

Attachments

• may20122-0 (2) (800x600) (200x150) (190x143) (180x135).jpg
    may20122-0 (2) (800x600) (200x150) (190x143) (180x135).jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,265

Latest posts