TM Shaft Length for a Semi Vee?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srr5008

Reaction score
I made the mistake of tearing my boat apart before doing my homework on trolling motors. I have a 16' Semi Vee Tracker that came with a MotorGuide with a 36" shaft. I am looking to replace the motor and wiring while I have the boat apart, but have no idea if I should be replacing the motor with a similar shaft length or go longer. I can't float the boat in it's current state to take some measurements, so I was hoping someone with a similar hull configuration my chime in with their opinion.

sorry to dig up an older thread guys but i am replacing my hand controlled 36" shaft with a foot controlled and don't know if i shoul dgo back with 36" or longer. Im running a 1448 Alweld flat. its a bow mount. Is there any pros or cons to the different shaft lengths.

If it's too long it becomes a nuisance to fish around. I chopped my Powerdrive shaft around 10" or so. It's in my build thread somewhere :)

What I would do is figure out your mount, then measure down to the bottom of the hull and add a foot.

Jamie

Latest posts