Trailer Bearings

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's it, but you'll probably have to remove it, put it in a bench-vise & hit it with some LiquidWrench or PB Blaster to break it loose.....doesn't look like it's turned in a while.

One side will be RH thread & one side LH, if there like car brakes, so don't mix them up.

ST

Thanks, I got them adjusted, and got the hub back on; everything runs smoothly. I put the bearing buddies on, filled them with grease. When I pulled the grease gun off the second one, the zerk came with it :x :evil: Guess I'll have to go buy another pair to replace the one I broke. ](*,)

Edit: It looks like the zerk bolts in, hopefully the hardware store will have a replacement. :D

The Zerks are threaded & screw-in. Any automotive store should have a replacement. But I think if you bought the BB's new.....I'd return it for a new one.

ST

Thanks, I got a replacement zerk and hex nut for 93 cents. Got it installed; I'm going fishing tonight to "make sure the trailer still pulls ok." :wink:

Trust me, you did the right thing by going all the way through the bearings. I made the mistake of taking mine for granted, got stranded at the boat ramp late one afternoon, and paying out the nose for a partial fix later in the week. No matter how difficult it is, it's a thousand times easier to fool with under your carport on a weekend than late one Sat. night on the highway!

I agree nothing worse than being stranded on the side of the road somewhere because of bearings! Although im sure that it has happened to all :x

Latest posts