Transducer mounting quest.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad Wolf

Reaction score
OK, so I'm getting ready to mount my Lowrance Elite-4 that I bought last November (on sale).

Do most people drill a large hole to pass the cable through the transom or do you just go up and over?

The directions say to mount it at least a foot away from the motor, I was going to go as far to the outside as I could go. I have a 14' Sylvan.

Also it says to mount it so that it is parallel to the ground. I assume this really means parallel to the surface of the water once you are in the water. The boat will sit differently at 5mph then it will on plane. How do most people adjusts it for best results?

Lastly it shows using a flathead screwdriver to depress a release tab to remove the transducer from the mount. I don't see anything that actually depresses. I see the little "nub" that will snap in place once it has been pushed all the way to the end.
I'm afraid to force anything so I haven't put it fully in place yet. Is there any sort of "trick"?

Thanks for any help.

I ran my cord over the transom and adjusted the transducer parallel to the bottom of the boat. Unsure about the transducer question. Do you mean the fish finder unit from the mount as that is the only tab I can think of ?

The transducer that slides onto the mounting bracket. To remover the transducer from the bracket they show using a small flat head screwdriver.