trolling motor for 1448mt

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nohasslekindaguy

Reaction score
Just sold my boat and bought a Lowe 1448mt. I'm going to put a bow mount trolling motor on it. To anyone else with the same boat, what length motor did you use? Minn kota has 36" 42" and 45". Wouldn't think I would need anything longer than that. The weather's too nasty here to even put the boat in the water. Just trying to get some parts together to build a floor, add seats, and anything else to get it ready for spring. Thanks for the help.

I found a deal on a long shaft 55 lbs thrust minnkota edge, then had it shortened to 36 inches. Works perfect on my 16 foot alumacraft flat. Nice and short so its not in the way when casting. Just my 2 cents worth.

You will need to know the distance from the front of the bow to the water surface, then add a foot. Err on the long side as you can always shorten it but you can not stretch it. You might be able to pick up a water mark on the hull for measuring purposes.

MK has a "fitment guide" at their website, should help in determining power size and lenght for you situation.

Thank you. I do know about the charts at minn kota. I just haven't had a chance to put it in the water to measure it. Guess I'll wait until I can get a measurement.