Tutorial thread?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazydrake

Reaction score
I am 100% new to electric. I have just begun my rebuild and am about to do my electric work. This will involve me getting every tool needed.

Is there a thread on here that walks through wiring a switch panel, buss bar etc really in depth?

I am planning on running one of the common panels off Amazon that already has fuses attached.
I won't have a trolling motor at the time being, and my motor is pull start only. So I will only have accessories on my battery.

I haven't found a thread that is real close to what I'm looking for. So if anyone can help out that would be awesome.

I would think there's something one could find on the internet. Something like "automotive wiring for beginners" might be a good search.

Some good info would be a wire ampacity chart, as wire ampacity is important. You can't pull 30 amps through a wire rated for 10 amps without starting a fire or at least melting the insulation.

Real simply put; From power source to main disconnect, then to fuse or breaker, then to control or switch, then to load positive, then load negative to power source negative. On a boat do not use the boat hull as a common ground like you would in a car.

The above is a very simplistic statement of wiring. There's a bunch of practices that will make things a bunch safer, and if you have questions, I'm sure we can help you out as you go along.

Roger

Latest posts