up 5 foot

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zum

Reaction score
The last to weekends we've had little hurricanes/tropical storms.
The wind hasn't been really bad but the rain has been crazyyy.
The water has to be up 5 feet and thats not even eggagerating:)
Went out yeserday,fished from 3-8 pm,air temp was around 70 to start probably high 50's at dusk,winds moderate and sunny skies.
I wish I was a better story teller because the fishing was great.The numbers weren't as high as some outtings but the size was.
Started off with 3 little pickeral but as I went to where a river exited the lake the bass hit.The first bass hit right at the mouth and if I didn't have a spinnerbait on,I would have thought it was a atlantic salmon,no joke.With the high water,current and the fact she ended up being all of 20 inches,,,I was having a job landing her,my TM was maxed out and I was barely gaining on the river,almost threw my anchor.Anyways lipped her and put her into the new measuring box I just made up.Heres a shot of her,in the plant box,next time I'll remember to have shade in the pictures,easier to see the length.111.jpg
The next fish was a scrapper as well,,,all the fish were heres one around 17"s11.jpg
I was fishing the same lake where I lost a big pickeral earlier in the year so I headed to that flat to see if she might bite again.About the thrid cast and wham,she was on...or aleast I thought she was on.Bulldogging and pulling thought for sure it was a big pickeral,then straight up she went,another nice bass,this one around 21"s.1.jpg
My booyah buzzbait wasn't working to good yesterday but I was still trying to get a nice video of a top water smash.I ended up killing my batteries and had to take quick shots of a few fish or my camera would shut off.
Heres acouple more fish pictures,they were somewhere in the 2lbs range.02.09.09 009.jpg02.09.09 010.jpg
Like I said all the fish pulled like freight trains.
Landed around 20 bass,none under 13"s and 4 small pickeral,none over 20"s.
They weren't taking the buzzbait all that good,probably should off put a popper on.Never threw a crank or jerk bait but next time out,I'm going to threw them forsure,I think the bass thought it was fall.
Sorry for the combining of pictures,lost some of the quality.
I have singles where you can see the length better.

Sounds like a great trip. I love fishing just before a storm or just as fast as I can after a storm. I caught the biggest tuna (194lbs) I have ever caught a day and a half before a tropical storm. I just hate the storms aftermath.