Whale Tail

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i plane pretty decent i think, i have 12 gal tank, two batterys and 268lb of motor all in the back, and really no option to move any if it around and still have floor space. I was thinking the tail would just help a little more. I dont think you can you ever plane too fast.

fender66 said:
In most cases, your solution would be correct. However...if your motor is a 225hp weighing 995lb, and your gas tank sits right in front of it holding 17 gallons....that's a LOT of weight to move to the front to even things out. Just can't be done in a practical manner.

Your motor weighs 995 freakin' pounds? Holy crap. That is a lot. Korywithak - the weight distribution of your boat looks almost too good to be true. I'm jealous and now I'm interested at what my stuff weighs. Fantastic job friend.

Bulldog, to good to be true was actually a TON of work to get it that way.

My boat started life as an open hull SeaArk 1660... and was purposely designed to be the shallowest drafting, quickest plane boat I could come up with, using my knowledge and skills.

And I love everything about the boat... its simple and effective for my rivers.

Thank you for the compliment.

Heres a decent shot of my rig, with my brothers 1542 and 25/20 sitting beside it in the driveway.

KKboats3.jpg

Latest posts