What material can I find at Home Depot

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chum Bucket

Reaction score
Besides the obvious wood products, and overpriced aluminum what other useful boat building material has been found in Home Depot / lowes? I'm always finding useful building material that's good for more than the marketed use, but it devours my time in searching.

Anyone want to share some cool finds?

I found a nice 4x6x6 electrical box with gasket for $11 that I used to mount my fishfinder. It's just right to hold a 5ah battery too.

Awesome to see some responses...

HD has the frp panels I plan to use as my decking...the same material in my brothers G3.

a whole bunch of stuff!! just walk every isle slowly. you will be amazed at what they have that can be used for a boat and boat upgrades

i need to go hd and visuallize some mods. I not too sure about what to do onthe factory front deck of my 1448T Big Jon.

Rivets, all kinds of Stainless fasteners, brackets, carpet, PVC pipe and fittings, plywood, plastic conduit, electrical connectors, paint, varnish, hinges, handles, the list goes on and on.

It takes me FOREVER to get out of HD/Lowes. Any hardware store for that matter. My wife shakes her head at it. I spend a lot of time in the aisle's looking at different materials/tools that I can use on my project. I stop an analyze, thinking what could or how could I use this on the boat. It a sickness I rather enjoy!

Chum Bucket,

Oddly enough for such large companies, Lowes & HD both sometimes get things in wood that nobody would expect. - As an example, I found a bunch of PIRAHNA PINE in 1x8x16' & some 1x6x18' WHITE CYRESSS at the HD in Spartanburg, SC 2 years ago.

yours, satx

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=351176#p351176 said:
satx78247 » 04 May 2014, 16:27[/url]"]Chum Bucket,

HD in Spartanburg, SC 2 years ago.

yours, satx

WoW i was just there on Saturday getting a few things... Small world....

MikeSC,

YEP, sure is.

Fwiw, "my adopted family" has a plantation in Mayesville & I still (I hope - CHUCKLE) have a BR in the guesthouse there. = I've spent many a day at Lowes/HD in Spartanburg, getting "stuff" for the "family business".
(I bought so much at both places that they gave me a "contractor's account"/discount.)

yours, satx

Latest posts