What's the name of your boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Years ago my dad had a little 10' aluminum boat that he named after my mom. He named it the Helen Highwater.

My son and I both like the song Johnny Reb by Johnny Horton. Our boat, upon completion, will have a gray and red color scheme and my son's name is John. So we thought of naming our boat Jonny Reb but my wife thinks it is politically incorrect even though that is not our intention. Also, we are both a tinny bit rebellious so you can probably guess what we are going to do. Another name we are tossing around is Project Jon

My boat is called the zara spook. Reason being I was towed in once by some friends, and the boat walked the dog back and forth. Of course friends just cant let that go quietly.

My dads boat isn't quite named, but we sometimes call it the african queen cause its so junky and old. One of these days Im gonna get the name in vinyl printed and slap it on the bow of his boat while hes asleep.

I don't have a name for it yet. I have a 16' Lowe line that a guy brought by our shop on the way to the scales. It was corroded in the transom but we ended up with it and I rebuilt it from the ground up. Fiberglassed in the transom area to seal all the holes and built a new transom. Put a front deck extension. Built a trolling motor from three that did not work and now have one real good trolling motor. Wired everything in the boat and ran fuel lines and added a 40hp Yamaha. I have fished it and it will really scoot. Great boat and I bet I don't have $50 in it. Most every thing in it was stuff we had laying around or already had.

Anyone got any ideas?

huntinfool said:
Anyone got any ideas?

Some names I considered before settling on "Livin Large":

Slough Cooker
Beer Barge
Knot Hers
Hawg Wild
Tin Cup
Bass-tard
Bassket Case
On the Jon
Mud Puppy
Stiff Skiff
Dear Jon

I've thought about this a lot. Here are a few I came up with:

S.S. Stutter
S.S. Lisp
Hot Aft
And I am a huge Starwars fan so I thought of " Depthstar" too.

Latest posts