Wiring Diagram

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tripwirenh

Reaction score
Sorry this is a re-post, but
I have a few main questions.
1. Does this diagram seem to make sense? Will I be able to wire it like this?
2. Do I need to use larger wire from switch panel to battery? (#12 or #10 for higher amperage)
3. What would be the best way to join the wires near the battery? (3 down to 1 wire) I don't think a wire-nut is the best way, but thats how it is on the boat currently.

I also might run both 12v outlets to one fused switch instead of 2 inline fuses. The fused switch panel can handle up to 15a fuses and I thought I would use #16 throughout.

If I'm not mistaken, all the cab lights combined will be very low amperage (roughly 3 watt bulbs each), so to run them together on one switch should work I think.

I bought the battery terminal connector from Cabelas to help with easy removal of wiring when charging battery. (no onboard charger)

Sorry for all the questions, but everyone has been so helpful and I want to make sure everything is safe and secure

Attachments

• terminals.JPG
    terminals.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 662
  • boat electrical.JPG
    boat electrical.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 662
all of that will work! good job

I would use 10 ga wire from the battery to the switch, just because you are running that fishfinder from the same block.

This is what I use to connect wires together instead of a wire nut - https://www.idealindustries.com/prodDetail.do?prodId=in-sure&div=0&l1=push-in.. you can get these at HD or Lowe's. The only thing I do to them if they are exposed to weather is wrap them in electrical tape.

Thanks for all the help. I'm not sure when I'm going to start, but it should be soon. I'll post some pics of my wiring when I'm done.

Do you guys think wiring the 2 12v outlets to one fused switch is okay? Will probably only have chargers for phones, spot light, etc. hooked up. May hook up bilge pump in the future to one of the 12v outlets in the stern, that is why I want it switched. I don't mind that the switch will turn on both because it will only drain juice when something is plugged in.

Also, do you guys know any decent ideas for a small console for my switch panel. I just want to mount the switch panel 12v outlet and possible small light. My boat is stored outside but I always cover it with a $60 boat cover. I've seen a few good ideas on here, but forgot where I saw them all, and couldn't find them when I searched.

Again, thanks for all you guys help. Once I'm done with wiring, replacing clutchdog, and painting and carpeting deck I think I'm about done. (for now :wink: )

you can hook them both to one switch.. it won't hurt anything

As far as a switch console - I made mine out of an electrical junction box. That way it's weatherproof (to an extent)... to see the pictures of it just follow the link in my signature and look at the last few pages, it's on there somewhere.

Latest posts