Wiring questions please help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Restrained

Reaction score
Hope a few of the guys that know more about boat wiring can look at the wiring diagram that I intend to use for the bass boat and tell me if you see any issues. I appreciate the input.

4 batteries all grounds - will be connected together

The majority of the time the selector switch will be set to both so the 12 volt trolling motor will give the max. run times combining batteries 1 and 2 when trolling on an electric only lake. If I get stranded my intentions are to turn selector switch to OFF position and turn switch 2 on for reserve to get me back to the ramp.

Switch 1 will always be on to supply the boat electronics with power and to be used as a cranking battery for the outboard.

Attachments

• boatwire.jpg
    boatwire.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 663
You may have done this, but make sure switches can handle amount of current trolling motor draws.

Thanks for the help guys. The Blue Sea switches can handle 350 amps and I'm going to use 60 amp breakers to protect wiring/trolling motor.

Forgot to mention that because the trolling motor power plug seems to be a concern I'm going to use a 175 amp Anderson Connector.

Latest posts