Wright and McGill

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F239141

Reaction score
Anyone use them

I have a Skeet Reese 3000S on one of their S curve rods

I also have a very old Rod of theirs with a newer Abu reel

I just with they made offshore stuff so I could swap out my Okuma .... But not my Penn GTI :LOL2:

I just won one of the Rick Clunn rods by Wright & Mcgill on Wired2Fish the other day... I'm assuming it's in the mail on it's way here. If you haven't heard about them they're supposed to be really nice crankbait rods. I plan on adding a BPS Pro Qualifier with a 5.3:1 gear ratio. I have one of those reels in 7.1:1 on a carbonlite and i love it!

Ark: You lucky dog!

F: My buddy uses a WM 7'6" Pitching rod, heavy action, with micro guides. He likes the rod, mostly using it for throwing into the thick grass mats on the Potomac. Only negative was he had a guide bend and break off within the first couple months of use. I tried it one time; feels weird because it's so ultra stiff, but it's definitely light.

Butthead said:
Ark: You lucky dog!

F: My buddy uses a WM 7'6" Pitching rod, heavy action, with micro guides. He likes the rod, mostly using it for throwing into the thick grass mats on the Potomac. Only negative was he had a guide bend and break off within the first couple months of use. I tried it one time; feels weird because it's so ultra stiff, but it's definitely light.

W&M Rods are have a life time warrenty

Jessup MD, Thats less than 1 hour away from La Plata/Waldorf, all my family is up there and so am I for about 6 weeks out of the year ...... We used to live right on the Potomac in Najamoy off of Port Tabacco RD and Benny Gray Point RD

Do you think they would cover that since it wasn't a manufacturing defect?

That's a great area where you used to live. People are actually nice to each other down there still.

Butthead said:
Do you think they would cover that since it wasn't a manufacturing defect?

That's a great area where you used to live. People are actually nice to each other down there still.

IDK it could of been a weak spot in it, its $30 for the processing, and if its like mine and a $100 rod its worth it ....... Heck he could try contacting them on the web site

yep the people in the Riverside area remind me of the southern hospitality we have around us on the Gulf Coast

arkansasnative said:
I just won one of the Rick Clunn rods by Wright & Mcgill on Wired2Fish the other day... I'm assuming it's in the mail on it's way here. If you haven't heard about them they're supposed to be really nice crankbait rods. I plan on adding a BPS Pro Qualifier with a 5.3:1 gear ratio. I have one of those reels in 7.1:1 on a carbonlite and i love it!
didn't i read that they were adding reels to go with the rods? i am pretty sure i read that on the w2f facebook page

nope... i got it in today and it was just the rod. Let me just say tho that this rod is top notch! The finish is nice and the cool design makes my fiance jealous! She says it should be hers because its her favorite color... HA right! I will be doing a review over this rod once i make the final decision on a reel so stay tuned!

Latest posts