Crestliner 1436 Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducker1232

Reaction score
So, after 10+ yrs without a boat to fish from, I finally got back into it. This weekend we picked up a Crestliner 1436 from Gander Mtn.
Just want to thank you guys for some great ideas on how to set this thing up.

So far we have:
Crestliner 1436 Jon Boat
Late 80's 6 HP Evinrude in near Mint Condition
Minn Kota 40lb thrust transom mount Trolling Motor
2 Wise High Back seats w/ swivels

I took alot of ideas from Cali27's boat mod (the toggle bolts where the bomb!)

We got to work on it Saturday after picking up the boat and after trolling for ideas for a few weeks on the forums have decided to go with a mild mod.

Here are some Pics of what we have so far. I'm hoping to get time to work on the front deck this week and be fishing by next weekend!

1 (3).jpg
1 (5).jpg
1 (4).jpg
1.jpg
1_0001.jpg

Look good. Did you drill the toggle boats into the actual boat or just the plywood?

The toggle bolts go through the wood and into the boats bench seat. Nice and secure, my buddy is about 220lbs and can sit back in the seats and they are rock solid.

Hey Ducker, the boat looks great. I like that you put the seats in the center of the benches. That is something I wish I did with mine.

Ya the toggle bolts work really well, Ive had mine out a ton of times already and still just as secure as when I put em in.

Now lets see some fish!

Hey Cali, Thanks for the inspiration!

We took the boat out last week for the " Maiden Voyage" LOL, everything worked great and the casting platform rocked, I spent all day up there and it was rock solid. The only problem I had was with the fish, couldn't get them to bite!! Maybe next week.......

I'm looking into getting one of these boats as well .Could you tell me the max. weight allowed and max horsepower? Or maybe just post a pic of the tag? Thanks alot.