finesse spinning rod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slim357

Reaction score
I need to get a new finesse type rod that has enough back bone to handle some larger fish, I have a 6ft finesse type setup but am lookin for something closer to 7feet, ive pretty much spent the year throwin my finesse stuff on a 7ft UL, and in the past few weeks Ive missed some 3lbers due to flimsy hook sets. That being said i dont want to spend over $150, and will be matchin it to a stradic (older style with wooden handle before they sky rocketed in price). Any ideas? right now im lookin at kistler mag ts anyone tried one?

I have a mag ts casting rod and I love it. You may also want to look into a shimano crucial, I have a 7'2" medium x-fast dropshot rod that I love. It may be meant for dropshotting, but I use it for everything. The x-fast action helps with throwing lighter baits, but it can handle heavier baits too....I toss 6" senkos with it all the time. I love this rod and has put up with a lot of abuse for the past two years I have had it. Matched with braided line I can feel a fish breathe on my bait. Oh yeah, it is super light too.

Carrot sticks are good rods, Fenwick makes a nice rod, if ya go to tackle warehouse for 139 you can get a nice Powell rod, know what, do the Powell thing, you wont be sorry, not sure they come in 7' but they do make them in 6'8"

jkbirocz said:
I have a mag ts casting rod and I love it. You may also want to look into a shimano crucial, I have a 7'2" medium x-fast dropshot rod that I love. It may be meant for dropshotting, but I use it for everything. The x-fast action helps with throwing lighter baits, but it can handle heavier baits too....I toss 6" senkos with it all the time. I love this rod and has put up with a lot of abuse for the past two years I have had it. Matched with braided line I can feel a fish breathe on my bait. Oh yeah, it is super light too.

I have the same rod except it is 6'8. I agree, It might be "dropshot" specific.but it is an awesome light rod for exactly what you want. If you wait till after the first of the year I can put you in touch with someone that can get carrot sticks for $135 delivered and each additional carrot for $120 up to 6 of them in one tube.

wow, that is a good price for the Carrot Stix, I also have a Crucial dropshot rod in Med(6'10" I think). It's very versatile and I've fought some formidable bass with it.

shamoo said:
Carrot sticks are good rods, Fenwick makes a nice rod, if ya go to tackle warehouse for 139 you can get a nice Powell rod, know what, do the Powell thing, you wont be sorry, not sure they come in 7' but they do make them in 6'8"

I have a friend that was a rep for powell and I found out that they use rouge rod blanks, these blank are made by Gary loomis's son. I have 5 rouge rods and they are just as good as my loomis rods. the rod i use most is my 6'8" dropshot rod, as stated they are great for all types of fishing

Wayne

I use 2 deifferent rods. If I know there are lareger fish in the area I use a 7' medium heavy with a fast tip St. Croix. The other is a 7' medium with a fast tip Shimano Cumara. Both around $100 and very nice rods.

BLK fisher said:
I use 2 deifferent rods. If I know there are lareger fish in the area I use a 7' medium heavy with a fast tip St. Croix. The other is a 7' medium with a fast tip Shimano Cumara. Both around $100 and very nice rods.
You got a deal on your cumara, I paid close to $200 for mine, dont know if i was taken or you know somebody but $100 is a grrrreat.